Friday, December 23, 2022

December 23

#23

I'm setting the table for tomorrow
Not sure when the gang arrives, and once they do,
it is busy busy, especially with Rilo and Walter.
They become the whirling dervishes.

One car coming from Phoenix, the other from Oxnard.
With traffic it's a guess how long each trip will take.
I am so blessed that the two sets of other parents
relinquished Christmas for me this year.
I know how hard that is for them, 
and I am truly grateful.
 



Dinner. is butternut, carrot, red pepper soup
a winter kale Brussel Sprout salad
Cornish Game Hen
Vegetarian Lasagna ( for DD)


3 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Merry Christmas!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas Z. I hope the weather didn't make their journeys too difficult. It's lovely that you will be with your family for Christmas. Wishing you all a wonderful time together. XXXX

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your table settings are so welcoming!! Hope all arrived safely. Merry Christmas