Tuesday, December 20, 2022

December 20

 #20



Began prepping for Christmas Eve dinner
Today I made butternut squash, carrot, and red pepper soup.
First you roast it all with added caramelization bonus,
then puree. 
I will add  a winter salad of kale and raddichio 
followed by Cornish game Hens.
Also making a lasagna with plant based meat for 
DD who is vegetarian.

Cookies are ready

Pepparkakor
Ginger snaps
Peanut blossoms
Mexican Chocolate ( the girls favorites)
Snickerdoodle Blondies

Coffee bar upstairs is stocked
Rooms are prepped with brand new fluffy towels
 for each guest room
and a small tree for each room.

First trip to store for food done today.
I'll return late Thursday, early Friday for rest of 
breads and veggies and for my favorite wine.
Sadly, they were out today, and I was sooo in the mood.

Christmas day brunch is planned here and then they 
will go to their Dad's for the evening 
and I will stream something, or read, and drink
my favorite Moscow mule(s) with blackberry confi.

I used to get so sad when this "sharing" all started 22 years ago.
Really, really, wailing sad...
They were still so young. It took years to adjust.

Now with 4 dogs and 5 adults in the house, crammed into
a few days, and the commotion, 
when I am used to silence day in - day out
well, I need the couch time. hehe


Z



3 comments:

janie said...

Your home is lovely. LOve. Love, love all the decor. Sounds like you have been very busy preparing for your family to visit. It all sounds wonderful. Enjoy!!!

Merry Christmas, Janie

Jillayne said...

Like, I need the quiet times as much as the crazy, busy full of life and love ones... your cookies sound yummy, especially the Mexican Chocolate one so I searched online and found a few recipes to try... thanks for the inspiration!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You are so organized. Happy Holidays!