Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sunshine Does Not Always Make Sunflowers

I planted sunflowers from seed this year. First time in 10 years.
I planned for vases full of their happy faces.
I was hoping for an abundance ready for Darling Daughter's room.
What I have so far is this.


A lone bloom with hopes for another.


(about 3" across)
Although pretty and perfect in every way except size and quantity,
there was no way it would look abundant.


I had asked DD what food she wanted me
to have ready for her arrival.

Did she ask for Mom's best recipes, favorite cookies, cakes?
She asked for the croissants and muffins from Costco.
( Yes, I pinched a croissant at 3 am)
While there, I grabbed some sunflowers.
Hope they open in time.

Now I'm off to decorate the garage door with her
Welcome Home Banner. I'll show you tonight or tomorrow.
I am counting the hours.
All her BFF's will be here within minutes of her arrival.
They always hang out here.
Noise and screams and squeals of laughter.
The fridge and pantry doors opening and closing all night.
Good thing I made the Costco run.
I love my kids. I love my kids. I love my kids.

6 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

You are such a good mom!!!

erin's art and gardens said...

it's all soo exciting!! have fun!!

Razmataz said...

I am smiling in anticipation for you.! A big grin like the sunflowers.

marcia said...

I love moms who love their kids!

Wildlife always eat my sunflowers unless they are planted inside the fence near the raised beds!

happy day!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

I can't keep up!!! you're so excited!! fabulous!!

love the sunflowers!!!

xxx
Julie

Finegan Antiques said...

Three cheers for Costco!! I love sunflowers and I especially get a kick out of driving by a farm in my area that grows sunflowers. I mean entire fields of those lovely, sunny ladies.
I'm sure your daughter will love the flowers, the yummy treats and you.

Donna