Friday, January 5, 2024

It's Been Awhile

Those of you who follow on IG know that right before Christmas, 
and I mean 7 days before Christmas, my entire upstairs was torn apart
as I had wood floors installed. I only waited 30 years. I LOVE them.
I've got everything back where I want it after another major purge. 
It may look almost the same, but it's not.
I have a rug down temporarily for Walter to lie on
 as the large upholstered chair is gone.
I'm getting a new fluffy bed for him this weekend. 

That wicker trunk you see under the half wall opens up to the left
 and right and raises up to lap height.
It stores all my years of patterns and ideas,
and also the new papers for my recent painting obsessions.
Before, all those things were down the hall in cupboard. Now
they are right at my fingertips.  
I love it. It was outdoor furniture from Target in 22.
Bought on clearance. 

I'm working on the walls near the apothecary 
and down the adjacent hallway to guest rooms. 

This is the only room that still has the most "stuff".
I've purged so much everywhere else, and continue to do so.
I'm determined to spend the majority of my time right here
for the foreseeable future.
The rest will be cuddled up with Walter and a good book.


And for those who wonder,

Yes, it is always this organized. I've been doing this 

kind of thing my entire life. You cannot imagine

 the amount of things that are stored in this tiny room, 












I miss all my blogger friends. 
IG has it's place but I delete more and more influencer accounts.
I never followed that many to begin with and only view maybe 25 
regularly anyway. There are several I only know from IG,
 and they inspire me, so I'll stay just for them.

So many women jumping on to make money, that's fine,
but they're all hawking the same products,
 and now copying each other DiYs with no credit to the 
orig postee if you can ever figure it out.
Their homes look indistinguishable from each others
as they're all given the same dang furniture and 
Amazon links. Don't get me started on AG1 and home 
food delivery...hehe

Some will say it's my age, but I don't think so.
This constant need to scroll endlessly is well...
enough said by me..

"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride"
2024 could well be the last year that we view as the year that 
changed it all. 

Hold tight to your loved ones.
I'm hoping to make it at least to 85.
If I see the kids as I do now, about 3-4 times a year,
that means I'll see them at a maximum just 60 more times.
Hard realizations.

Pray for Peace.

Z

 





 

5 comments:

Terra said...

Your wood floors look great and it is good you treated yourself in that way. You are a super organizer, I do have a goal to declutter a room that is used for storage now. 2024 is here! As the song says "I hope it's a good one, without any fear."

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I absolutely love it Z! You are so inspiring. There is no doubt you love those floors! They look fabulous!!

I love to organize as well, but gosh my studio does not, and never will, look this good. I have far too many piles of fabric and bags of stuffing. Big stuff needs big space.

I totally agree with you about IG. So many copycats and they all look the same.

Your floors and cabinets look amazing. That was some big job girlfriend, I hope you took your time. Thanks for catching us up!

susan hemann said...

Love the floors! Your studio is amazing. I too have tons of stuff packed into cupboards.

I loved Instagram for the first few years. Now, not so much, way too much advertising. You are right about everyone doing the same thing, and decorating the same way. People I want to see on IG are never shown. People I specifically followed, where are they. IG chooses who I want to see and that makes me angry. I avoid my feed over the holidays.
I'm thinking about making a list of those people I especially like so I can go to their page directly.

Karen M said...

I LOVE IT!! and Lord, you set the bar high for organization... I won't show my art cabinet and office at the moment. Goals!! LOL

Man, I cannot believe the state of things in this un-united states of America. It truly seems anything goes. so discouraging.

Jillayne said...

Love your new floors - they look beautiful, warm and cozy.
Instagram is nowhere near as enjoyable as it used to be and so many I follow have just fallen away. I hardly ever post anymore, not really sure why, but I do enjoy my blog, and yours!