Sunday, July 9, 2023

Gelli Fever


So I had made some more prints, and then a few more, 
and then well, you get the picture.


I repurposed an old canvas that had printed tissue on it already,
in fact for about 4 years untouched,
then dry brushed some color on, ( hated that) 
so then some torn, textured, tissue from the cold pack 
that Prime wraps around delivered fridge worthy products.

Been doing watercolor circles in a class,
 so stayed with that theme,
and cut circles out of the gelli prints
and ta da!!
It's texture upon texture.

My upstairs hall is becoming a gallery of all my class
and post class projects.
I have to remind myself that I'm the only
 one that has to like it.
At 70 ( coming up in 11 days) it's 
still a lesson I need to work on.

I've spent too many years pleasing others
 before self, and in spite of self,
 and worried about pleasing others,
Finally, I have narrowed my focus 
to a few honest and dear loved ones that matter.
I have also learned, far too late,
 to set and keep boundaries.

My mind can easily slip into rehashing betrayals 
over the last couple decades. 
They lay just below the surface ready 
to pounce at the slightest opportunity.

Gelli printing garners quick results and 
successful results more often than naught.
Great music, or a good streaming show
and the hours zoom past,
 with not a negative thought or fear.
I highly recommend any type of creative pursuit.
So good for the soul and hopefully wards 
off the age issues we all eventually face.
Throw in a couple sudokus, one mini crossword,
 one spelling bee and 2- 3 on line 100 piece jigsaws
daily and you have...
well, me

It's damn hot here but then isn't it everywhere?
DO NOT say "but's it a dry heat" 
You'll hear me scream.

Z

  

 

 

2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...I won't say "but it's a dry heat" anymore.... 🤣 Our extreme heat broke several days back already and it's been beautiful here...upper 70's during the day but chilly at night and minimal humidity. But, we are still wretchedly dry. (I know, I know, you live in the desert and can tell me all about dry LOL) I love your newest creation and I bet it looks amazing on the wall. Please do show us that gallery wall of yours! ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Love your artwork! I saw them on Instagram along with Walter's adorable blanket on chair!
Under the surface bitterness from betrayals is not easy to smooth over. In a weird way, but not creepy weird, it can give a person strength.