Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Gifting

One of the perks in creating a mix of 
projects is you acquire a variety of materials and 
not all are used for prints, paintings etc.
Some are useful for everyday items.
Different handprinted tags with 
hand painted ribbons.


When I'm stuck creating something 
large, or just can't get started at all,
making some quick embellishments or 
ribbons, or making various gelli prints, 
is productive "thinking" time or
mindless distractions. 

Having supplies like this at the ready allows
for very personalized gift giving.
I had planned for hand painted paper 
for these gifts but ran out of time.
It's on my list for the next
 crafting time.

That is if I can stop doing sudoku.
I had an issue with it several years ago,
doing far too many,
but now I've found an on line spot and 
well...
 
Only 112 today, some parts of town
 got rain and hail yesterday, but nada here.

 

1 comment:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Heaven knows I need no more "mindless distractions" LOL. Your packages are too pretty to open. I have a penchant for beautifully wrapped gifts - for some reason, the packaging can be a "gift" to me in and of itself. It posed a dilemma during Christmases past when I had many gifts to wrap. Each and every one had to be perfect, perfectly coordinated, and work together while they rested beneath the tree. Many an early morning was spent wrapping. Anyways, your packages are going to impress the recipients beyond measure. Anxious to see what you come up with for your own printed paper but your stand-in could almost pass for hand printed. It's lovely. ~Robin~ (Yikes on the temps. Our "heat" is supposed to return tomorrow - but absolutely nothing like yours. I suspect our high temp is no where near even your low temp.)