Thursday, June 22, 2023

Geli squares

A little project that kept me busy for a couple days. 
I had a pile of geli printed papers I had made a few months back
 and decided I would try another style of collage.
 I had already made paper quilts and desired something a little 
more rustic, textured or rough?
I adhered the geli paper to mixed media paper 
and then cut into 2x2" squares. 
I had a nice thick 12x 24" canvas stored so....

I did not want them adhered flat and 
also did not want a smooth appearance,
hence the word rough, so I let the wrinkles 
and curled edges come as they wished, 
and in some cases encouraged.
I finished the sides in geli strips.

It was a fun exercise,
though laborious for sure.

Purists will cringe at the wrinkles etc but 
you've seen my house,
do I care about such things?

Creating is so good for the soul,
my free therapy.
 

 



 







2 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice! The curled corners add unexpected depth and interest. It is good to let your creative heart free to do as it wishes.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fascinating....each one a little piece of art in and of itself. ~Robin~