Friday, April 8, 2022

Love Affair Continues

The plants and I are in a devoted romance  - first chihuli rose


Tree in half bloom already, with my chaste tree (purple blooms) coming up fast behind


Loving the reflection in my windows


Although I bought two chihuli roses they are coming out differently
2nd chihuli


That rooster vane I bought for my father 
when, after retiring, he built his dream house.
It was on the property many years.  He removed and brought it out to me
then, and it has been in my garden ever since.


The Pink Ladies are out part way this week.
Showy but short lived.




I cannot seem to get enough out door time these days.
BTW the concrete repair I tried on the old fountain
seems to have worked, but I needed a larger pump.
Amazon to the rescue this weekend.  

Stay tuned for that also.



 

3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Keep the beauty coming my friend...white loses its charm this time of year and it has snowed the past 3 days. My beautiful albino deer paid visits last evening and this evening but it was difficult to get any decent photos with the snow. Those roses are stunning. I have never been good with roses. They are a bit too "fussy" for me...the required pruning, the covering in winter, the susceptibility to bugs and disease so I don't mess with them. I do have some growing along my cornzebo, but having been planning to have them taken out when I can find someone who will do it. They were supposed to be climbing roses and aren't...and just are a thorn in my side (pun intended). Absolutely nothing like yours... In fact, one might not even know they were roses but for the thorns. ~Robin~ (PS...wanna come fix my fountain LOL?)

Jillayne said...

Those roses are so pretty... I love the ones that are multi-coloured like that. It's warming here and green things are poking out of the ground so flowers should follow suit in the next few weeks. I'm glad of it, been a long winter...

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely yard, the roses bloom to the beat of the soil or is that usual to be light or darker?