Tuesday, January 4, 2022

New Year

 Packed the holiday up and put away.

Took a last look at some.

I'm cocooning more and more as the news is dreadful

just about everywhere.




















            Walter has had some digestion issues for several days,

so I'm focused on that for now.

Today was back to pick up only for groceries.

Quick visit from Ben this weekend as he comes in to shoot/edit

a commercial for his dad. 

My chore list has grown and I'm determined to 

check most of it off as quickly as possible. It 

does seem that I check off one or two, only to add four or five more.

Maybe it's a new year syndrome of sorts?

I want the chores done as I want to get back to my studio,

and I foolishly feel guilty being in studio when chores are undone.

First an overhaul and a purge. 

Being realistic about what I can actually use

and also what I WILL actually use as I'm waving at 70.

Lucky for me I have friends who are younger/or would be more productive

with some of the supplies that I have stored far too long. 

It's only January 4th- I have goals set for end of the month.

I'll let you know if all the boxes get checked.


Happy New Year to all

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my world.

from the now very white haired

oldgreymare





8 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Happy 2022 Z .... may it be filled with happiness and good health. You have so many lovely pieces in your home. We took all of the Christmas decorations down yesterday and they are all put away until next year. Onwards and upwards into 2022. XXXX

Prims By The Water said...

Love all of your beautiful pics! Happy New Year. Janice

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Oh sigh....how I would love to cocoon with you. Enveloped in your creativity. Thanks ever so much for sharing and being you. xoxo

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Cocoon is a pleasant way to look at it. Much better than hunker down.
Pine, pine cones and stars, I think, are year round, no need to store away.

Happy New Year!
Stay safe

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your winter whites are glorious Z...Thanks for sharing these wonderful close ups before you pack them away. I'd find it difficult to dismantle such coziness and warmth. Hope it's nothing serious with Walter and he's back "on his feed" soon. I'm still snowbound at the lake...another 9" fell last night/today and it is snowing still. Then the winds and cold will intensify. ~Robin~

jenclair said...

Wonderful and comforting photos! I'm a fond of the cocoon ambiance, especially in winter when the warmth and safety of staying in and reading or crafting is just the comfort I need. However, I'm inspired now to make my cocoon a little more beautiful!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Happy New Year! Rice and chicken broth and bits of chicken or chop meat for Walter if you've got it on hand? ..... love your decor, always.

amontanalife.blogspot.com said...

Your photos look great! And I see my favorite angel. 😊 I am still staying at home and quite pleased to do so. Our city us getting worse. Our health dept. is imploring folks to wear masks. Our last gov had a lovely mandate, the newest asshole thinks Montanans will step up and do whats right. Yeah? Nope. Most are morons. So I am organizing baking, and making soup. Oh and snow blowing. Tons of snow! Yay! You take care. Kit