Monday, April 20, 2020

Pizza and Poses


I really don't have much to say these days,
nor very many folks to say it to,
 at least not out loud.

I am in my 9th week of total isolation,
within a 2 1/2 year span of partial.
I think I'm still sane,
or as sane as I ever was I suppose. 

The smallest things make me ever so pleased.
This cheese and marmalade pizza for one.
It was the Private Selection brand from Kroger.
Reading the ingredient list it states the marmalade 
is made from bitter orange. 


It is delightful and my next delivery order
 included two more for the freezer.
Almost like melted brie with marmalade
you make for dipping...
on a thin crispy crust.

Next you'll see two of the CA kiddos.
Tom and Hannah posing in the masks 
that Tom's mom made for them.



In Walter news:

He has learned how to go thru 
the first set of dog doors.
It took 4 days of gentle coaxing 
and a setback trauma when he nearly strangled 
himself for about a millisecond,
 and he hid for 4 hours as if it was my fault. 

He has also discovered the second floor.
Once with me, and the second time he 
climbed under the handles of a shoe basket
used to block the way,
 and up and over the other side
onto the stairs.

Sitting in the family room, I heard what
seemed like thunder until it dawned on me 
it was Walter raising bloody hell upstairs.  

I had to chase him out of each room
 one by one slamming doors closed behind me
and then another 10 minutes of him 
ducking past me on the stairs up and down,
up and down, "the little s&^%".

As he grows the mischief increases,
as does the whining to get his way. 
oh the whining...







6 comments:

Terra said...

Nine weeks of total isolation, you are one strong woman. It is going on five weeks for me and I hope I am still sane, or sane as I ever was, ha ha. You have your dog to entertain you, thank goodness for our dogs.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

oooh my goodness that devlish adorable little face.... LOL.. I"m glad I can't hear the whining for once... :-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...that whining is so very winsome... As I played it, my Snowdog (who was snoozing) stood at complete attention and tilted his head to and fro LOL. That pizza sounds...ummm...interesting???? I just can't wrap my head around the marmalade part. And Wowsers...I have that same Mikasa dish pattern!!!!!! ~Robin~

Blondie's Journal said...

My grocery store here has Kroger products and the Private Selection brand, but goes by the name of Mariano. So is this pizza frozen or a crust you add to,that you are describing. It sounds SO good.

The isolation is hard, I've never been totally alone, but I have to say that there are days on end at the lake when I don't speak to anyone but the dogs.

Speaking of dogs, Poppy was a bit like Walter early on. Thankfully I took the classes and the trainer really pounded it in that dogs try to control us and we have to stop that. Also, he recommended we look into why the puppies are behaving a certain way, like being in the puppy's shoes. Poppy nips at hubby's clothes whenever he (hubs) rarely appears from his office or man cave. I keep trying to tell him that Poppy wants something--to play, to get attention, to say maybe he's not welcome (hahaha). But instead he, hubs, babbles, "Poppy, stop, don't do this, why are you nipping me, stop, be good... " blah blah blah. Poppy doesn't understand English. We learned one word commands but HE didn't want to spend his time attending the classes with me. Oh heck, why am I going here?! All I can honestly say is Poppy was hard in the first few weeks, then it got better, now at 8 months she is getting a little more sophisticated with her bad behavior...barking, not listening to commands, digging holes in the backyard, jumping all over the furniture and terrorizing poor Layla. Oh dear, I sound ominous. 🙄

They do calm down. All of mine did. And we forget sometimes and don't remember what a handful our last beloved dog was as a pup.

Hang in there, dear.

Jane😘

Jill said...

I've been away from blog reading...that pizza sounds soooo good. We made pizza on the grill for the first time awhile back and will need to do again. I never would have thought about marmalade with cheese. Must try! Happy you and your puppy are getting along well in spite of his shenanigans.

Tracey Broome said...

I am going on Day 42, Wesley is home with us. I just had a major firestorm on my FB so I have left that platform and trying to recover my blog. What took me so long, I have missed my old friends, I have been wandering aimlessly it seems for far too long. Loved your post, love coming here for a comforting read!!! Hello again xo