Sunday, March 1, 2020

It's All About The Fringe



It's the fringe that gets me every time.
That and his sweet face 
always seeking approval and cuddles. 


Walter met his 4th human Saturday,
 my neighbor up the street, and he was
only nervous for about a minute.
Last week when meeting another neighbor
 he wouldn't go near her.
We're growing bigger and smarter each day.


The table boxes for the wedding are
done. They head to CA soon. There won't be
room in the car for them when I drive down 
for actual wedding, especially now with
the pooch in tow. 

I am feeling calmer and more myself these days.
It is amazing what a small creature can do 
for our mental health.
Even though I keep having
medical set backs, they don't seem to throw 
me off course as much, if at all. 

The world is a scary place these days.
I am respiratory compromised, so anything that
can make that worse is frightening.
I stay close to home most of the time anyway,
but it is now advisable. We must all be careful,
as we should every day of every year,
but not get caught up in the fear mongering
that social media is creating.

24/7 news is a bad thing.
They have to fill all that time and the temptation
to create hysteria is exactly that, too tempting. 

Stay healthy my friends, and 
wash your hands-wash your hands.

elbow bumps all around

Z




4 comments:

Kit said...

Hi my friend. I don't read the newspaper or watch any news. I am always amazed how they can take an issue and blow it all out of proportion. So many people get all wrapped up in knots. So I know what I need to know and the rest of the time I'm in my little bubble. Glad you're doing better. 😊 Kit

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


He is so adorable!! I'm grinning each time I visit your blog and see his little face! And.. your happiness. Those boxes are beautiful, perfect accent to a wedding celebration. Happy days ahead!

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

He's so adorable. Stay in with your new wee charge, Walter has come into your life at just the right time. Yes, stay well!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Dear Z.... So glad to (finally) pop in and see some positive things going on in your world. CONGRATULATIONS on the new addition to your home and heart. Walter is positively adorable. You are so right that they make one's existence so much more tolerable. Most days, I prefer them over humans. You are also correct about the "tto much news"...I rarely watch it. I figure if there is something I truly need to know, someone will tell me...eventually. I do, however, cloister myself...partly because I don't like things too people-y, but also because of the biologics I take for my autoimmune diseases...they suppress my immune system, so I am more susceptible to catching things. Love, love, love your sweet little boxes for the wedding!!! Hope your weekend is off to a good start.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin