Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Studio


You would need to be very familiar
with my studio that made it into magazines and books
to notice the changes perhaps, but 
changes indeed have occurred.


Several cabinets that were either on the floor
 or hanging on the walls
are now gone.
Inside the cabinets studio materials
have been down sized and rearranged.

The curtains are gone from the loft opening,
bringing needed light. 
They were only there to hide the backs of cabinets
that could be seen from downstairs.



This small table sits where a triple doored cabinet
 and large easy chair used to be.
Now my Cricut and Gemini 
are always out and nagging me to use.
The table can be easily pulled to the end of my
work table for when friends come crafting.


The tablecloth is temporary.
I just found the mustard paint I want
 to re-paint the top which was 
severely in need after years outside.

I know folks who haven't changed
 a thing in their homes in decades.
This I find hard to imagine.
For me that would be like always eating
in the one same restaurant,
wearing the same clothes every day,
watching only the same few shows
eating the same meals,
sleeping in the same linens forever.

I am not the same person year after year
and my environment is crucial to my 
sense of comfort and peace.

I am not a fan of wastefulness
and it takes very little money to 
be creative. In fact I am making
money as I change over my home; 
selling off many items for what I paid and 
some even for a small profit.

The two carloads to donation 
and several hundred books to local library
make my heart happy.

go forth 

be bold

Make your corner of the universe
work for you
and please your soul.


Z







3 comments:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Looks awesome and very similar. The big upholstered chair is gone? I could only dream of finding that many wonderful drawers and cabinets. I left a couple behind...attached to walls in our old place. I hope they have a garage sale soon lol! Still mourning the loss...ehem sale, of many items from our move. It's good but sad.

Blondie's Journal said...

You've done an amazing job, Z. I'm getting closer and closer to stripping down several rooms to the bare bones. It's going to make cleaning out my storage room even harder but I feeling very deeply that I have to have a clean palette. Your inspiring words are in this post, not changing things in your home is so very, very stagnant. I've never played it safe, I don't know why I have had my feet stuck in the mud for so long.

Jane❤️

Unknown said...

I always like to say, "Shake it up a bit" for changing things. I don't change the house around a lot simply because it takes a lot of time that I like to put elsewhere. But if one of the kids makes a suggestion, we do it. Like this summer my daughter suggested moving a couch upstairs to make room for my photography in the basement. I also got the help from my kids which is crucial and we did it and I love it! That couch was a beast that wasn't going to move willingly.