Friday, November 15, 2019

Getting There



You don't get over it.
You get through it.

I am slogging thru life at the moment.
One bright spot is this visitor.

Kitty has been setting off my motion detector 
many times, day and night for months now.

Two days ago I opened the back door 
right after the "ping" on my phone 
and kitty walked right in.
I believe he lives in the same model
as I have, as he went straight to laundry room
as if looking for food or litter.

He roamed a bit and left.
I worry for him, don't know how far he wanders.
Local coyotes love kitties.

Today he was back and visited me on porch
where I am trying to find holiday spirit.
Slogging thru is correct term.


I am deep in a fog.
Pain so thick and heavy
 it needs to be shaken off and shed.

So much additional love
from kids and blog friends who know that
pain far too well.


In the past, doing my House of Hatten tree
 would take about 90 minutes.
Yesterday it took me hours as I kept 
wandering away or sitting down and just ...well
sitting.

Good thing I'm starting early.
I'm going to be awhile getting there.

Z



6 comments:

SusieK said...

It's just one foot in front of the other. Doesn't mean we are not getting there but that we are doing in a manner that is right for us. Praying for you!!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I am so sorry for your loss. IT is only natural to miss your sweet Howie. Take your time and enjoy the memories of 15 wonderful years. And when you feel up to it decorate, maybe the beauty of the season will cheer you a bit. As for the cat, perhaps he/she feels you need a companion.

Blondie's Journal said...

"You don't get over it. You get through it". The uttermost wise words I have ever heard about loss.

The fog...the motions. It's all so real for me still. If you have a chance go to my blog and read the words by Nerudo regarding absence. It's so very real.

I believe the cat is a sign. I'll tell you a story sometime soon.

Jane ❤️❤️❤️

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is hard. You do get through it but it always hurts. Hugs and thinking of you.

Jill said...

There is certainly no hurrying through this to get through it either. Interesting that this kitty shows up. Maybe you should buy a litter box and cat food. Praying for you.

mary scott said...

I hope the kitty continues to visit, and stays safe from those coyotes. I know the feeling of an empty house after losing my cat(s) over the years. When I lost my 21 y/o cat, who I adopted as an orphaned kitten, I wanted to die too. Happy you have the beautiful decorations & lights in your home now.