Tuesday, October 11, 2022

More Studio

I had some questions and requests, so here are more views. 



Made this out of a vintage metal laundry stand years ago.
Bears were my children's


The studio is tiny as you can see.


Curtains frame the hallway to guest rooms.
For privacy those curtains are dropped so they
can move to and from bath etc. 


Barn painting from DD
and because someone will wonder why the white cup thing on the side?
For years it held my drink when the cabinet was behind my desk.
 I was going to remove, but found it a perfect spot to park my cell
when I'm upstairs.


The stairs view



Rennie / Brooks gallery



My father's smoking cabinet- copper lined
and his favorite chair.
Two quilts of mine and a vintage wool made by Grandmother.
My Pap Pap Rennie's bible and my dad's.


This is old chicken coop turned vertical.
Holds overflow fabric that doesn't fit in large green cabinet
 or open one on wall.



All vintage buttons.
One gray jar, the rest black.


These two photos from hallway going into master.
More family gallery of photos
and memorabilia. Growth markings of kids.
Red plaid bear is made from flannel robe of PapPap Rennie's.
I made one for dad and one for me.

There are special things tucked into every space in my home.
All day, every day, one will catch my eye, and I'm 
reminded of a loved one.
A modern "designed" home would not work for me.
I go to turn on a light and there is a heart shaped rock,
 a flannel bear, a crystal paperweight my mom loved,
my father and grandfather's bibles.
Comfort and joy is not just for the holidays.



I'm still enjoying playing with paint.
Each of these strips starts as a geli printed, painted piece,
that is then strip cut by hand and woven.


Hours pass as I'm lost in the process.



Till next time

Z






 

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You know all the things I said in my comment on your last post? Yeah, well all that and then some. It's not just the things that have meaning to you and have incorporated, but EVERYTHING you choose to display and how you display it reflects your very soul I believe. And a beautiful soul it is. It may be a small space (according to you) but it begs one to linger long and dream big. ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You have an abundance of style and organizational skill. Your explanation touches my heart with an aha moment...surrounded by love is a perfect description.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I love it all Z ..... lots of inspiration for when our building works are finished ! You have such a good eye ..... I love the big light. XXXX

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Such lovely things everywhere! You really know how to create a welcoming/interesting space! Love your father's treasures.