Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas 2021- still working on it

Anyone/ Everyone else
discombobulated?

I am struggling to maintain-

everything

Decided to tweak the master bedroom.
I already have that brown shade in the new blanket
and throw in other parts of the room.
Brown ( that brown) checked curtains 
and new rods on the way.

That shade of brown is apparent in nearly every room.
It all stems back to my beloved pie cupboard I refinished with
my dad when I was 12.

All the pillows are pretty much for Walter's benefit,
as he loves to root and hide in them.


There is the cupboard far left back in dining area
That shade is now everywhere.
Tabletop, rug, lamps, baskets, even the gourds!




Wonderful hand made snowman gift from a wonderful blog friend

I picture him as the town crier 
or lamp lighter in my wee village



Still making last minute cards


Shipped these heavy corbels cross country to another blogger friend.
Aren't they wonderful?



My hope for 2022
I managed 3 trips to CA in 2021
and each one was a mess of small totes and carry ons.
My hope is 2022 will be easier travel.
I sold my large "plane appropriate" bags many years ago.
So with a great sale going on, and knowing 
they only had to survive car trips, I grabbed some new.


Countdown to kids arrival begins.
Small Christmas this year so very little wrapping.
Baking my mom's chocolate cake next week for her post-birthday 
by request from DD.

Baked my annual pepparkakor for Thanksgiving,
in shape of fall leaves,
but not baking anything else.

Kids are no longer big sweet eaters 
and I am not allowed so..
DD is now vegetarian full time
so no standing rib roast and yorkshire pudding either-
it'll be a different holiday in that way also.

Change is fine
All I want is those dear faces in my home,
with the fire burning, the glasses and stomachs full,
and the stories and love shared.

Z







 

6 comments:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I am certainly discombobulated this year. Your decor looks great! Those corbels are to die for. I haven't done much in the way of Christmas decor. Just my tree and a few odds and sods. Would like to change it all up a bit. Your snowman looks great in the village, so very glad you like him. <3 It will be a different holiday again for most. Enjoy your family! Love and Hugs!

Prims By The Water said...

Loving the brown. Am thinking of designing a woodland Nordic theme next year for our gift shop. Hope your travels are safe and pleasant. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Discombobulated, definitely. I blame it on the wind. Wind makes me anxious and cranky (ok, crankier than usual) (wish I would have figured that out before we bought the windiest spot in all of Nod) and it has been windier than even "usual." Yikes. Oh that brown....it is so rich, warm, buttery and homey. I think I could write a eulogy to it. Love it mixed with the blues in the bedroom. Please share another photo when the new curtains and rods are up. Lucky Walter...but I think he must be one of the only males in existence who appreciates an abundance of pillows LOL. Enjoy your time with your family. You are blessed to be able to share it with your most precious humans. It's a different Christmas here as well - but something tells me yours will still be much, much, better LOL. Lift a glass to me and I will to you. Cheers across the many many miles. ~Robin~

Barbara said...

That sounds like a perfect Christmas!

susan hemann said...

Join the club, I'm at sixes and sevens! Daughter got Covid from an unvaccinated person!! Now they are in lockdown so no Christmas dinner here. No children either. My son will be home and his Frenchie.
My grandson's school was on lockdown due to a threat of violence. So grateful he was home. They live in the country.
I tried to block the world for a few weeks but the world broke down my door.

BTW, love your house!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Have a Wonderful Family Holiday!