Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thank you Theresa


A week ago, ( I cannot believe I am this tardy),
the lovely Theresa at 612 Riverside
chose me for this award. I've known Theresa for some time and
have so enjoyed her blog and her friendship. Theresa has incredible talent,
enthusiasm and her genuine warmth shines through each week.
Please stop over to visit her ASAP.

Thank you so much for thinking of me, I am very flattered.

I understand that I am to sum up my blogging motivation,
philosophy and experience in 5 words.
OK not possible...

I began my blog in an attempt to keep a journal for longer
than 5 days-my previous record.

In about 5 days I learned enough about blogger to do
a post with out freaking out, and in 5 weeks, I was
actually testing my boundaries fearlessly,
if not always correctly.

Within a few months, I had made 5 friends that
I talk to regularly outside blogdom. We share our lives as if we
lived in the same neighborhood,
not as we really do; in different states and countries.
There are days and weeks I couldn't get by without
their wisdom, advice and humor.
They are my 5 blog blessings.

5 years from now, will I still be here blogging?
No one can say for sure.
So much in life changes and oh so frequently.
I enjoy the ride and value the journey.

After sitting here for the last 5 minutes,
I realized there is no way that I can award just
5 of my favorite blog friends.
I quite simply adore them all, and cannot imagine
slighting any one of them, but the rules say pick 5.

...so I failed this part, but I truly do believe that any one
blog written with absolute honesty, no hidden agenda, and
with a genuine outstretched hand of friendship and sincerity
is a blog of substance.

I wish to share my award with all of them, and again I thank
Theresa for the opportunity.

Suzan


Create Change - The World Will Thank You
Project Genesis September 1st









14 comments:

the old white house said...

Good Morning Suzan! I couldn't sleep so of course here I am! That was really so sweet, thank you for your kind words, always. You went about this perfectly, I had the hardest time, not wanting anyone to feel slighted. It was easy to pick those I chose, just not easy to leave anyone out. The friends I have met through blogging may not have ever been in my home but are in my heart! Theresa

erin's art and gardens said...

"a blog of substance"...finally, an award that isn't just silly. your acceptance was spectacular!

Jules said...

Congrats on the award. Sounds like you have the blog world down pat. I would find it hard to list just 5 of anything. :D
Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Romeo said...

Congrats on your award! As always I love your post! In my purrsonal opinion I have decided that everything you seem to do you do with substance! That would make you purrfect in my world!

Please give Howie a good belly rub from us!

Purrs!

Romeo and "her"

Kit said...

You definitely deserve this award! I love your blog and I only just found it during the "Where Bloggers Create" Keep going, I will be reading. :) Kit

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Suzan! A wonderful award for a wonderful you!

Sue said...

Congrats on a well deserved award. Your acceptance speech was great!

Carole said...

You are so gracious! Blogging really is a powerful tool to meet the most amazing people.
Hey I'm on the phone right now ordering my cellphone...'bout time.
Still can't seem to do it with customer assistance...rrrrr!
xx
Carole

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Suzan
Congratulations.. An appropriate award for a girl of substance!!! How lovely and so well deserved and suited to you and your blog!!

I know what you mean about hard to choose a few blogs from all the wonderful blogs and blog friends out there... I think you handled it with grace my friend..

Have a lovely day/night.. in blogland .. xxx Julie

Olive said...

Yayness Suzan! olive♥

Tanya said...

A blog of substance from a woman of substance - you ROCK!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Wonderful words and one cool award, congrats!!!

Debbie said...

Hi Suzan~~Just checked your earlier posts. My computer wasn't working for a few days...so had to catch up. I have those same scalloped dishes. Don't they work great for dipping bread in olive oil and herbs?
Thank you for stopping by...and yes, I'll keep adding to the chandy.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Finegan Antiques said...

A well deserved award, that's for sure. Congratulations and keep up the wonderful work.

Donna