Thursday, June 18, 2020

Once There Were Two Studios


For several years I had a second studio in my garage.
I have hardly used it in the past three years, 
so yesterday I decided to drag, push, and pull
 the vintage piece through a tiny garage doorway
into the family room.


Here is what I started with, and throughout a lazy afternoon
I painted some mustard on the shelf backs, and
covered the blue stars with ash grey paint.
I may go back and re- do in soft black
 as they are still "reading" blue.




I was bingeing Collateral on Netflix,
while grabbing a little this and that.



I ended up here for now.
I'm sure I'll change it up a little
as I live with it a few days.
For sure I will be making a fuller curtain 
for bottom shelving.

I have purged so much I don't really need the storage,
but it seemed to me she belonged inside
after paying her dues.



Yep, she belongs right there.

Z



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well you go girl! I could have never managed moving that no matter how much I pushed, pulled or dragged LOL. What a grand old piece she is....and yup, she belongs there! ~Robin~

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

She definitely needs to be indoors Z ..... and I love the makeover. I would rather like it in my home ! XXXX