Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Ugly Cry


Every year someone gives a gift to mama
that results in an ugly cry.
This year the winner was Hannah,
with a memento of my four - four legged loves.

Gadget and Libbey came before the blog but have 
been mentioned of course.
Justice and Howie have been blog subjects 
since the first day. 

It's been hard with the granddogs here.
A constant reminder of what is missing.
The sounds of a dog jumping off a bed then
hitting the floor. Nails scrambling across the tile
as they make the sharp turn into the kitchen.
Doggie sighs as they settle down to sleep
in their chosen chairs.
Sounds of lapping at the water bowl. 
Even doggie farts, thank you David.

I miss it all until I ache.
One kid couple in Michigan since Sunday.
Other kid couple at his dad's today.
I'm going to watch movies and 
bake and eat cookies till I'm ill.

Merry Christmas to all
and may god help us next year.

I fear some more ugly cries.

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet gift. I always miss Charlie a lot at Christmas. One of his favorite spots was to curl up under the Christmas tree and the lights would shine and sparkle on him. a memory I will always treasure.

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Ugly cries are necessary, I was on the verge of one today. 'Tis the season for some of us. They don't fix anything but they get us through. Took it upon myself to see if Google could help, found a definition:

Top definition
ugly cry
A type of crying that can feel really good and really bad at the same time. The ugly cry can occur after a severe tragedy in one's life, or simply for no reason at all. You know you're doing the ugly cry when you lose COMPLETE CONTROL of all of the muscles in your face, start heaving and making awkward sounds (even though you are trying really hard to be silent), and start leaking fluids from every opening on your face from your hairline to your chin (yes, this includes the mouth). Without a doubt, by the time you are through with your ugly cry episode (if it was genuine) it will look as though you are a homeless person with pink eye who got punched a few times in the face and was hit by a monsoon; this is completely normal (and generally the time to call up a good friend).

---Merry Christmas, know that you are loved xox---

Blondie's Journal said...

I totally hear you on the ugly cry. I think this necklace is absolutely precious. Can you tell me where Hannah found it? I may gift myself with one to honor Shadow and Milo, and keep right over my heart.

Poppy as a puppy doesn't really bring up too many memories of Milo as he was on such a decline in his last two years. It's a whole new ballgame with Poppy's friskiness, her energy and ability to leap over four feet high furniture, and of course, all that tail wagging and kisses.

I am actually sick of sweets and high carb foods which I really indulged on. Today I was in the mood for a nice fresh salad. I've been spotty on my low carb eating and am ready to jump back into that after New Years.

All the best, Z!❤️