Sunday, February 10, 2019

Prognosis is good for Mr Monkey


During the Christmas Holiday,
Howie was gifted Mr Monkey
 by my soon to be Daughter In Law.

Shortly after, he was viciously attacked by 
Tubbs, my grand-dog and the stuffing was ripped 
out of his poor little head, leaving a gaping hole.
Mr Monkey was put up out of the way to prevent
more injury and sadly he was forgotten... by me.

Last week I noticed him up in the studio 
oh, so patiently waiting for help and healing.

It was a touch and go surgery and a 
plastic surgeon should have been called in,
because although his brains are back inside,
I'm afraid his nose and eyebrow took the worst of it. 



I carried Mr Monkey downstairs with
 Howie leaping and twirling the entire time.
I no sooner sat on the couch when Howie grabbed him
in what can only be described as an embrace,
 and then proceeded to bathe him and sniff him
stem to stern.

We love who we love




5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am laughing out loud~ we do love who we love. I think you did a good repair. Hope you are feeling better. I'm doing ok, the warm weather last week helped. Of course it's back to cold and rainy again. Ugh!

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Oh I LOVE that, Mr. Monkey looks good and Howie is happy!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwwww....that is just too sweet! You’re a far better dog mom (and surgeon) than I.... Our Snowdog has a favorite “baby” (fleece like gingerbread man looking thing)....he has had it for years and has been ever so gentle with it, but alas, almost a year ago, he started leaking from his gut..... I told Snowdog Santa would bring him a new one....but the store that I got it from (and that had carried them for years) no longer had them. Look as I might, I couldn’t fine one....so, Baby was hospitalized....and remains there still. Now look what you’ve done....made me feel guilty and change my plans for the afternoon, ;-). Robin

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, I can finally breathe easily. :)))

Jane

Kit said...

Oh I think he looks rakish and like a pirate now! Good job! :) Kit