Monday, July 23, 2018

All Fun and Games Till Somebody Gets a Cone


If you don't follow me on IG this is news.
Howie and I were back once more 
at emergency vet on Saturday.
He scratched his eye and infection set in uber fast 
and he was in agony.



He really hates the cone and can't go 
out dog door or navigate the stairs.
I moved his bed against the couch
within reach for petting and rubs.

SOoooooooo

Mama has to let him outside as he
does that frequently day and night
 through dog door, and I also comfort him
 and stop him from trying to 
constantly rip off cone and scratch.
He has Houdini skills.

DR said it is extremely itchy and meds
can only partially soothe.
Three days to relief it says and today is #3.

 I've been back on couch as he'll whimper 
and cry if I'm upstairs without him.
 I have not slept 
a continuous 2 hours since Friday night.
Most of you know I wasn't sleeping well 
anyway but jeez this is hard.
I'm a zombie.

I try to limit my activities as
he follows me everywhere and 
he does not manage the cone well smashing
into everything. Of course current vision 
in only one eye is a huge hindrance 
to depth perception and peripheral vision. 

I feel like we're the two poster children
of geriatric medicine these past 10 months.

I repeat my prayers of gratitude
on a constant loop, but I am getting weary.
Tests and new Drs in August.

As long as I don't have to wear a cone.







5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Poor Howie and Mom. It's so hard when our furry one's hurt. Then the lack of sleep is so hard on all of us but months of it really adds up. I'll do better for a week and then have several nights where I can't sleep. Lets hope we both starting sleeping better soon. Oh and no cone for you or me!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Sending healing vibes for BOTH OF YOU!!!.....

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Oh poor little guy. Sending prayers to both of you.

Blondie's Journal said...

It is sooooo hard, I totally hear you. You have a good heart. I hope little Howie is better by the time you read this. Then both of you get some good long sleep.

Jane x

Jill said...

I assume by now, the cone is gone and hopefully, he's all healed up. And you feeling better too?? Belated birthday greetings to you also!!