Friday, May 4, 2018

The Hits Keep On Coming

It would be hilarious 
if it wasn't so frustrating.

Felt punky by Sunday night
Felt tired Monday
Felt achy, feverish, lots of coughing Tuesday
Felt too sick to go to Urgent Care Wednesday
Felt it necessary to go to Urgent Care Thursday
Perhaps I overdid last weekend?

Guess who has Pneumonia?

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
My mantra all day has been

"There are folks with so much worse, buck up."

Mega prednisone in office and a breathing treatment.
(I've never had a Dr hand me three pills
 and a bottle of water before) 
x rays
3 antibiotics and a home nebulizer later.

I am on shut down mode.
Dr says if I am not markedly improved 
within 24 hours 
" hospital we will go"
I'm determined to be improved.
New guy has a new approach,
he's determined to fix me.

So once more I may be offline for a bit
Can't even remember last time I did IG


I'll close with this pic.
It makes me so happy, it's my screensaver.
This was from me visiting down in CA awhile back. 
So much has changed since then for them,
 but their sweet faces never do. 

Talk about three amigos...


5 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

So sorry to read this, Z. You need to have a few days of doing nothing! That prednisone will probably give you some pep...don't let it fool you! Park yourself on the couch with your pooch and something hot to drink...and listen to Illumination...Gregorian Chants with Sounds of Nature. It is so soothing! You can find it on Youtube. It's my cure-all for stress with a big mug of green tea.
Your kids are adorable...well done, momma. Sit and do nothing but "be".

Take good care,
Robyn

p.s. Turn off the news...I've gotten myself in such a stew lately with all the craziness! It's not good for any thinking person's health!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I want you to get well my friend. Enough! So do what the Dr says, rest and meds. Gosh it's been just too long feeling this way up and down. Sending big hugs!

donna baker said...

Yes, you did overdo it; I could tell by the pictures. You need to stay down and though that is hard, must take it easy. I'm sure you don't have any energy anyway. Pneumonia knocks my husband out. Sure hope you feel better soon. Drink lots and a lot of chicken soup too. So sorry. Keep me updated.

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Do as the doctor says. Sending prayers.

Jillayne said...

oh geez - well, if anyone can be better on determination alone it will be you - I hope you make it without a hospital stay... take care you.