Thursday, December 29, 2016

Snippets













(Last year's advent class)

Happy New Year 



warning: opinion ahead

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Benjamin Franklin

“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.” Abraham Lincoln.

These men were not perfect - But they had ideals and dignity and the knowledge to 
protect and improve the lives of everyone.

I pray we don't have to endure the next four years,
amid the destruction an ignorant selfish dolt might unleash
 upon our nation and the world.

This elected figure does not even register as a shadow of great men.

When the truth is finally understood by all who voted in hatred and fear,
I pray that it is not too late.




9 comments:

donna baker said...

It all looks so pretty. I have a collection of matte white McCoy pottery too. Ugh, Trump. I just hope some of his henchmen can reign him in. It is going to be a long four years.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

As you know, I feel the same way. *sigh. unreal. UN REAL.

#notmypresident

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Lovely photos and very true words!

Kit said...

I love all the snippets! So beautiful. Opinion ahead: I agree! Geeze, what will the next 4 years amount to? I figure he will be impeached way before the 4 years are up. :) Let's hope! Kit

Alyce said...

I love your beautiful pics....thank you for your opinion. I feel exactly the same way. The way this dolt is telling us to "move on" I'm thinking he knew about the hacking all along and encouraged it.

susan hemann said...

lovely photos! couln't agree with you more!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I have opinions and I respect yours, but I don't do politics on even a semi-public level... ;o) But I do find solace and peace in almost all of your photos. I am trying to put my finger on precisely why as our styles are not precisely the same.... The closest I can come is that there is such symmetry in everything you touch....and somehow, that calms me greatly. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

joanne said...

It's already begun and to be honest I am quite fearful. May we be richly blessed in the coming year and look back at this time in history with compassion and understanding. Happy New Year

Karmen said...

Hey Suzan,
I don't look at Blogger much(FB has taken over), but I enjoy taking a look at your blog now and then.
Karmen