Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Back Into The Shed

Back into the shed to paint today!
We painted about a third.
Carpets have been chosen.
We are using two matching 
ones Annie already had in her garage,
and placing side by side until she
decides perhaps to get a sisal after
 they go on sale at the end of season.




Painting all the studs and in between...
major pain in butt.


I couldn't resist placing a lamp inside
to check the cozy factor.
Two brown leather chairs have been selected
Coming in next week.
First money spent besides 32.00 for paint.

In case you need to see the before again..
This is just after the purge and we had played 
with some Easter stuff.


and before that...


Fabric for curtain drapes being purchased this week.
2nd round of painting later in week.
Fireplace project to be done soon.
Paper trim given to Annie for homework.
Get crackin' there girlie!


Annie lives a trek across town from me,
and I'm currently working
 quite a bit between 2 other places
and the kids are coming in soon
sooo..

the project has some time issues
but for three days
we are pretty pleased with ourselves.
Stay tuned...

and if you're just joining scroll back
 a bit to see where we started

Z

btw Annie cannot decide what to call
the new space. 
She claims to not be a crafter.
so studio is out..
we considered cottage
but it seems silly for her 
to yell to her Mom
"going out to the cottage."
It's too cute to be considered
 a shed any longer.

I'm voting for a fun girls name
as in
"Going out to Mabel's"
or 
"I'll be out in Dolores"

yeah, yeah I'm weird I know...



8 comments:

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

In college, there was a bar called 'The Library'. We could tell our parents we went to the library over the weekend and they thought we were such good kids.

LOVE this little "whatsit". I'm sure Annie will love spending time in there now that it is no longer just a storage shed.

Have a happy one, Z. Heard the first robin yesterday... spring is here!

xoxo,
Lin

krayolakris said...

A friend of mine owned a yarn shop. She painted a woman's image on the bathroom door and named it Doris!

Kathy said...

Love the way it is coming together and I can imagine how much work to paint all those studs - yikes.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Lookin' good! The finished project is going to be fabulous. You're amazing:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Jill said...

I'm catching up here...looking so good! So nice you can help her get this new space spiffed up.

June said...

Not too weird for me :))) I love what you and Annie have been doing to this place. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw how many totes she had in there!!!
love you!

Robin Larkspur said...

So delightful! Working hard and it is really showing.

How about "The Snug"? That's what my canadian family members call cozy places.

fairyrocks said...

Another peek in the process. I have one that I took from -total wreck- to 'Playhouse' It took me almost 2 years LOL. And it is the 'playhouse' for sure.