Friday, April 1, 2011

A DOOR


Yep, that would be my favorite door.
Why, you may ask am I showing you a door?
Chania's  photo challenge for this week was...DOOR
This baby has just the right shade of cream 
and crackle and chips and sadly,
 right this minute resides in the garage. HORRORS!

When I rearranged this area in the family room,  
it lost it's home and has as yet to find a new one.
When friends see it propped up unceremoniously in the garage I always hear,
"if you are going to get rid of that door..."

Sorry gals, this wooden gem is going to come 
back into the house one of these days...
along with the two sets of shutters 
you guys all covet also.
mean, evil Suzan lol

maybe in the newly altered bath hmmm?

14 comments:

the old white house said...

Good thing it's big enough to keep them from stuffing it under their shirts! I love the photo of it, what a great prop for future photos! Happy Friday! xoxo

Donna Reyne' said...

What a great door!
I have a weakness for these babies too!
Have a fabulous weekend!
Donna

Kit said...

Great photo! Reminds me of door from an old farmhouse. I expect to see my Grandma coming walking thru. :) Kit

marcia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

happy day!

Maureen said...

Oh that's a yummy one!

June said...

Rats...when the picture came up I was going to beg, but now I know it won't do any good. It's too heavy to ship anyway huh?
I loved your last post. I have seen a little of this on my roll, but not too much yet.
sending big hugs

retha said...

Even the windows!
Waiting to see what you're going to do when you take it back in.

Razmataz said...

Suzan, you always get such an artistic shot. I would never have known this was in a garage...it is intriguing. I wanted to know where it leads....you fooled me.

And bring it in.....

E. Charlotte said...

Love that door! The colors are great!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hmmmm...thinking it might look just perfect in the revamped bath!

Carole said...

Oh yeah just dangle that in front of us and say no no no.....hahaha

G is supposed to pick up some old doors to make an old greenhouse.....someday:)

x
Carole

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

That really is a great door and I have just the place for it. Ya know in case you ever get rid of it;) OK, I'll hold my breath and get in the back of the line with everyone else.lol
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

erin's art and gardens said...

deep door envy...........
happy weekend,
ee
xxoo

gail said...

love chippy old doors...especially creamy colored ones
hugs
gail