With a giant lump in my throat Houdini
went to a rescue this am.
Because of the dog issues,
(mine versus the magician),
I was able to sleep a mere 2 hours
and I could not face the dilemma
another 24 hours.
Before you tsk-tsk, let me tell
you the good news. After a 72 hour hold he is eligible
for adoption and my friend wants to be
the first in line and has already told them so,
and they have her name registered
as first right of refusal.
This way the owners can easily find him
if they look, I am assured
that I did everything I could,
and he will have a great new home.
She loves the breed, has
2 now, and recently lost a beloved 3rd
after a long illness.
Still, I had some teary moments letting him go,
hoping I did the right thing.
At least he was out of the rain and cold last night.
It was me suffering, lying on the concrete garage floor
on a thin little rug so he would feel safe curled up
next to me in his soft cushy bed.
My two pooches did not sleep all night either.
I am still glad I took him in, and
would do it again for another.
All that barking in the neighborhood
last night was the doggie telegraph system
putting out the word - ruff ruff GO HERE ruff ruff
she loves us...she's a
sucker good friend.