Friday, March 29, 2013

Enough With The Yard Z


Making progress
Working around the house from
north face to south face.
All the empty pots, tubs and wagons will soon have flowers.


Opposite side of walkway



The bud became a bloom


The sun rises in the east and slowly lights up 
this side each morning,
peeking through the trees.
Those are bottle brush soon to be filled with red 'brushes".
They are 20 years old and on their last legs..
Certain times of the year you get bee bombed
when you walk along the path.



Had coffee here on the porch this a.m.
Doorway into the sun porch that you all like.
I see I need to retighten all the twinkle lights out here,
they're a mite droopy.





Of course Howie snuck into this pic,
I almost made it without him photo bombing..

I'll finish up the yard this weekend.
I'll spare you the dog run and such.
Enough of my yard already!
I hope everyone has a blessed weekend with 
their loved ones.
I'm playing yard hooky with a pal today.

(oh and Ellie I wanted to write you
but you are "no reply comment",
with no email address...
BC is a lovely place, indeed it is)

Z


12 comments:

Tina said...

Love the way you have decorated your walkway - such a cosy place you have. It´ll be evenmore magical with all your flowers ♥

the old white house said...

WOW you have been busy! The yard looks great, I can't wait to see it after you get your flowers planted. No ticky tacky home for you :) That video cracked me up, it reminded me of when John told me that I couldn't buy things from the mall because we aren't 'vanilla'... neither are you, Z ~ you are most definitely not vanilla! I loved the post about cleaning the yard too, you crack me up! Have a fabulous weekend, Happy EAster! love, t.xoxo

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

You do have such a lovley garden. I like looking forward to Spring and Summer when it will be full of flower, colour scent, song and insects. Howie is so cute!
Minerva ~

Jill said...

Look at that umbrella in the old table...genius!! But, of course I see genius when I visit here. I hope you have blessed Easter Suzan!

Hickety Pickety said...

Be still my heart!!! Simply FABULISTIC as always!
Sonja

Nella Miller said...

Dear Suz, so good to see someone out gardening and enjoying sunshine and digging in the dirt....I am still wearing my winter coat and boots, although we had a beautiful sunny day today !! Still all brown and dirty here, but I am hopeful things will green up soon. Sending you warm wishes for a very Happy Easter, and hugs, B.xo

Kathy said...

I just adore all the decorations you are able to put outside. I know you dislike the Summer heat but that dry weather does have it's advantages. Everything here rusts or rots.
Glad you got to play hooky for a day - yay!

Claudia said...

Your yard is looking lovely, Z. It's been too cold to start in on mine as of yet but I vow to do something this week. I like all the nooks and crannies in your outdoor space.

xo
Claudia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Z I am impressed with your yard and how much work you have done. I need to give at least one day this coming week to cleaning the deck and trimming some bushes before they bloom. Then I'll get some new plants for the pots on the deck garden. I will be home this summer to enjoy them! Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Your yard is..BEAUTIFUL..I just showed my husband your photos and he said where is the grass..I said there isn't any..Isn't it great..I so want to do this to my backyard..Now do you have another section of yard with grass or not?..Curious in Pa.

Lana said...

Z, once again...lovin' this!!!
*wish you could meet my across-the-street neighbor...I'll swear you two are clones of the same DNA!!! (in MANY ways!!) I'm going to force her to get on your webpage through my computer so she can see who she is missing!! (I've already told her about you!...the only thing you DON'T share is the computer!) Pam, meet Suzan!
Thank you, once again. Love the sunshine on your beautiful outdoors and the babies are out, too!

Kit said...

Love it! Ooo, a drop leaf table too. Pretty. Hope you had a great Easter! Kit