Saturday, September 6, 2014

CA Targets are just WRONG

Went to CA last week to visit with the kids.
now I am back in lala.

Gas expensive
Food expensive
Homeless folks everywhere we drove,
and heard on the radio they had just
 knocked down and "cleared" an entire 
community of homeless the day I arrived.
Robin William's work is still needed.

Traffic is horrid
Ocean beautiful
Urban Home store WAY COOL!
CA cuisine fresh, delish and lovely
Lots and lots of Starbucks thanks to many gift cards
from my B-day brunch

CA Targets confuse me
(backwards, reversed, and just WRONG)

Kids cooking for me is wonderful
Kids laughter enthralls me
Hannah's barely 400 sq feet is adorable
I could so live in that space!
(you'll just have to believe me for now)
Tears shed at the leaving part,
so hard to drive away

Extra 2 1/2 hours on drive home,
thanks to idiots who left the same time I chose to :D

Pooches happy to see me for about 5 minutes and then 
they plopped down for naps...

Tired mama
Very happy mama

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Time with family makes up for EVERYthing else!

Tanya said...

Sounds like a horridly wonderful time :-) Glad you worked a little "ME" time into your summer!

Tanya said...

Sounds like a horridly wonderful time :-) Glad you worked a little "ME" time into your summer!

Debbie said...

I soooo get this! The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Debbie
xxoo

Tracey Broome said...

Bliss.... Going to visit children, I know that leaving part all too well, though. :-(
I used to travel in California a lot, can't say I ever liked anything about it but the food.
Don't you hate when a store you know so well gets put up somewhere all backwards! We have two Targets around here and they are mirror images of each other, drives me nuts.

Terra said...

Sounds like you had fun, and some ups and downs. Nice to be back home too.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My last visit to Calif was fun, the air was amazing there to me. Gas way more expensive. Still it is always good to get home.
hugs,
Linda

Kit said...

So glad you had fun times with the kids. I sure don't miss CA's traffic. But I do miss the palm trees. Kit

Lana said...

:) wonderful time...yea, Z!

?? "cleared the homeless area"... where do our hearts go??