Monday, August 4, 2014

My Troop Of Four


Hannah Anam Ben Blake

Kudos must be given to my Troop
who pulled off a fabulous Birthday Brunch
on Saturday.

Ben printed out custom omelet menus
and the guests checked off their requests
 and he got to work!
14 custom omelets came out 
of my wee kitchen and we fed them 
lots of other sweets and savories.
See the tip jar?
That was my friend Annie's idea..hilarious
and he got some tips hehe

We had some peach and Proseco 
mimosas ( polished off 7 bottles actually)
We drank the eighth bottle at breakfast this morning.
Trader Joes
Dixie Peach Juice and Proseco
Try it!

Ben and Anam left this afternoon 
and had a horrible drive home, but arrived safely.
An LA to Vegas  trip, and the reverse can go south quickly...
today was one of those days..
Hannah and Blake leave tomorrow.

Of course you all know 
I am in heaven when my four 
are here at home, or I am there with them.
I am so blessed that they were able to 
share the day with all my gal pals.
My friends were able to see first hand these 
wonderfully funny, polite, kind, accomplished young adults.
Mama so proud of this troop.

and oh my, the wonderful gifts 
I was showered with!
I was very spoiled by all.

******

Many of you already know
because we email privately,
but sadly I have news about my friends
 who moved to MN.
Mr. arrived by private plane from CA hospital
to MN hospital on Sunday morning.
Moving van to their newly purchased home
arrived Monday.....

and because the universe is a mystery
and often cruel and we cannot ever understand 
the whys....
Mr. died quietly two days later on Wednesday.

Mrs. is devastated and now has to rebuild a new life
far away from her friends.
The move was solely done to help Mr with his 
advancing health issues..and now....
the future is turned inside out for her.


We love her, we miss her.
We send her our thoughts and prayers constantly.
Please add her to your prayers.

May everyone have a week of grace.

Z






13 comments:

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I am so glad you could all get together! It looks like you had a wonderful time, Z!

As you said, the universe can be a mystery. Sending love her way.

xo,
Lin

jinxxxygirl said...

All i can say is maybe for some reason she was meant to be there....Hopefully it will reveal itself soon and she no longer will need to ask why...she'll know.... I WILL keep her in my thoughts... Hugs! deb

Claudia said...

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I can't imagine what it must be like to move far away and then lose your partner. My sympathies.

So glad to see your children have been with you. I know how happy that makes you!

xo
Claudia

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Looks like a wonderful time for you and your lovely family. But so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to your friend that must be so horrible and overwhelming for her. She is going to need friends and family now for sure.
~Debra xxx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What beautiful smiles on your children! Happy Birthday and it can't get any better then that can it! So sorry about the loss of your friend. Praying for her that she is able to find the right path for herself now.
hugs,
Linda

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Those are the best of times! So glad for you...

and so sorry to hear of your loss. <3

Tracey Broome said...

Your friend has been on my mind so much, dealing with my childish pouty mom who has a wonderful husband and nothing to worry about, it really puts things in perspective....
Those kids are adorable! I know how wonderful this time with them is for you, mine comes home tomorrow and then gets on a plane for Boston. Ahhh to be young and gorgeous like them:) glad you are having some smiles, good karma coming round for you
Xo

Kathy said...

Aw... what a wonderful time for you!
So sorry about your friend's situation. We do the best we can and then, well.... I hope she will think of reversing the journey and returning to her friends and support.

Jill said...

I'm glad you all had so much fun! What did they think of your whacked off hair?? Yesterday, we took 3" off my 9 y/o and 5" off my 14 y/o and neither my husband or son noticed!

The Boston Lady said...

What a great troop! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so sorry to hear about Mr and now, what Mrs will have to face. I will keep her in my thoughts. Ann

June said...

I can only imagine the great time you had with this beautiful group dear Z! I know it was heaven for you. and I also know you must be really, really sorry they have to ever leave.
I was so sorry to go back and read about your friend's experience, and then to learn of this in this post. How sad. Sometimes life just seems TOO hard, doesn't it?
You are always in my thoughts (with what brain I have left) dear and thought of you during all the rain and flooding you guys got and then you sent it to Idaho, because you just wanted to share...right?
Boy did we need it...but you should have seen the photos of Twin Falls, ID. They hadn't had that much rain in one day ever.
Carey got a ton but no flash flooding :) The garden seems happy now.
I hope your week is perfection!
much love from me...

Kit said...

Oh my look at your kiddoes! I am so happy for you to have them there. But so sad for your friend. I hope she gets things worked out and can find some peace. Kit

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

How wonderful to spend time with family:) That is what it's all about:) I'm happy for you:) So sorry about the loss of your friend. Life is always so unpredictable.
Have a beautiful weekend:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens