Tuesday, November 21, 2017

First Tree for 2017


This tree has three sections but was too full at the bottom
for the space so I only used two tiers. Never thought
to do that before now. It worked just fine.
Then I boosted it up a bit by placing it on a small bench.
New size and I tried a different spot.
24 years in this house and trees, real and fake,
small and giant have been 
everywhere but here.


 Those glittered black stars at the top
 were Halloween decorations,
I believe Wendy Addison's. I don't decorate 
for Halloween anymore so I ripped
off the spooky fronts and replaced with pewter snowflakes.
Lots of my homemade pinwheels on the tree.





You can almost pick out one of the glittered moons
that received the same treatment as the stars.

The tree took about an hour start to finish.
Add in about 15 minutes as I figured out the 
stars and moons.
So we're at 1 hour and 45 minutes.
and no mess.
Tonight I wrap the gifts I have so far.

After nagging my daughter to remember
 to thaw her bird, (and yes I had nagged)
I almost forgot mine Saturday!
Kiddos having a friendsgiving in CA.
I was asked to come down,
but since they'll be home soon, I'm 
waiting until January to visit. I can stay longer
and avoid the horrible traffic
 that happens between CA and Vegas during holidays.
Also they're already having nine with additional dogs,
but that meal with Ben in charge will be amazing!

I'll be doing my deep fried turkey again this year.
CANNOT wait.
See here for the story.

Z


5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This is one of the prettiest trees I've ever seen! Very smart subtracting a tier, and I am gaga over the pinwheel ornaments.

My kids do the friendsgiving, at least my single daughter does still. I think that is such a sweet idea, giving thanks to friends, for friends, and with friends.

Happy Thanksgiving, Z!

Jane x

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Beautiful touches, as always!

Kit said...

Oh how your lovely decorations are putting me in such a great holiday mood. Such a gorgeous tree! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :) Kit

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Just beautiful Z ... we tend not to do our tree until mid December ... that's a bit British !!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. XXXX

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your tree is so pretty! I got home today and so the decorating will begin soon!