Monday, November 18, 2013

Family Room


Those of you who have been around oldgreymare awhile 
know that I always use containers to decorate my tables 
during any Holiday. In a moments notice it can be whisked
off the table and out of the way.
Makes for super easy entertaining.
Each year I change it up, but always using
 the same materials I have gathered over 30 years.


Last year's box















My folk's old firkin



The tree in this room is all green ornaments
I start with green frosty berry picks,
tucked in all over the tree.
The required birds nest is in here also.


Lots of big flocked cones and TaDa!


Still more to come and lots more to do.
Stay tuned

***
I have to take the time to address this one last time
 because it seems to happen to me quite frequently now.

"No reply comment blogger"
There is a new RANT over in the 
**** It Bucket

erin's art and gardens has left a new comment on your post "Family Room": 

i'd like to point out, in case someone doesn't know, that if you change over to "Google +" you will have a "no-reply" e-mail...i have switched back to Blogger because of that. 

Erin made a good point.
 I'm confident that many Google + users are unaware of that fact.






13 comments:

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

You are an inspiration!

Tanya said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh - those "No comment bloggers" seem to have really gotten your goat. :-) The house is gorgeous, in a Christmasy way...it's gorgeous ALL the time - just MORE special this time of year! XOXO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Hate no reply bloggers ESPECIALLY when they ask me a question!!!!

Oh and your Christmas is gorgeous!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

So pretty Z ….. your house must look the best on the steet at Christmas { and, I'm sure, at any other time of the year !! } You really make it all look so special. I try to do that too.
Want to see more please !! XXXX

Primitive Stars said...

Love it all, so beautiful, Blessings Francine.

Kit said...

Wow! Looking fan-tabulous!! :) Kit

Romeo said...

Well no surprise here.... as always, it's wonderfully festive and welcome! How will I ever wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate?!? If I don't make it, I'm holding you accountable missy ;)

Romeo is about to blow a whisker here. Wants to make sure I tell you that he is REALLY admiring the two birds in their evergreen nest on the cabinet top. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. And I'm thinking it too, although he is telling me his thoughts are purely admiration and not coming from his stomach. I'll let you decide whether to believe him or not. I too love those two birds, and be assured my love IS innocent and harmless ;)

Beautiful Z! As always!

Now I must go check out your rant. No doubt if it made it to the bucket, there are some special punctuation signs used #$@%$^!?

Hugs,

"her" and Romeo

Kathy said...

Love how you contain the decoration so it can easily be moved.
I am OVER the no reply bloggers. I don't even bother anymore so I'm sure they think I'm a complete jerk when I don't reply and I'm down with that.

Kathy said...

Oh! Did I just say that out loud?

erin's art and gardens said...

LOVE the idea of a box that can easily be removed....brilliant idea. LOVE everything. what is a "firkin"? i hope i have resolved my issue with no-reply? let me know if i have not. i am off to decorate at the bun lady's house....whoo hoo.
erin
xxoo

Nella Miller said...

Suz, I love those two birds nesting in the wreath, did you felt them ? I am willing to bet you made them..So lovely, I have a weakness for birds in decor...I use trays too to contain an arrangement or vignette, especially surrounded by men in my life...they need space, so I just easily remove things in there way..sometimes, I would like to remove them!!! I am using fresh greens this year, as most of my decorations are boxed somewhere in the garage...still undergoing renovation chaos...everything at your home looks beautiful....N.xoxo

erin's art and gardens said...

i'd like to point out, in case someone doesn't know, that if you change over to "Google +" you will have a "no-reply" e-mail...i have switched back to Blogger because of that.

Debbie said...

LOVE the pitchers on the mantle!
Your house has a peaceful "feel" to it in the photo's.
The ornaments in the old bed springs are very whimsical...cute!
Debbie