Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Few More Touches



Justice has a habit of sleeping behind the wing
chairs in the living room.
A few days ago she got under and behind the chair 
and while trying to leave, got turned around,
confused, and ended up trapped 
and howling under the tree. 
She nearly toppled the tree,
and thank goodness I was home.




 I borrowed this fencing from my pal Sue last weekend.
It needed to be repaired so after a bit of surgery last evening,
I placed it around the tree to prevent any more mishaps.
It touches the back wall preventing her 
from getting under the tree in any way.


I loaned a few bottle brush trees to Sue
for her to use this year, 
and when I saw how many I still
had in the box, well..
a few more showed up here and there
 at oldgreymare.

The ones above are tucked into crystal door knobs.
I also loaned out some garland and some bed springs...
She liked what I had done with some in the table boxes.


Tis the season to share with our friends and family


12 comments:

Romeo said...

Purrfect!!!! Poor Justice. Looks like you've come up with an excellent, yet artistic solution to the problem! As for Sue liking your bedsprings idea.... who could blame her! They really did add some spunk to the table decor. And what a great idea to loan out your decorations that you are not using! Can I be your friend ;)

Hugs,

"her" and Romeo who says a little fence wouldn't keep him off the tree for one moment.....hmm. Maybe not, but I bet a short bungee cord would do the trick ;)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The fence is so cute and a great idea to keep your pups away from the tree. Love the bottle brush trees in the door knobs...very pretty!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Love the picket fence...looks charming and does the trick! Great photos! :) Laura

The Boston Lady said...

I love the trees in the door knobs! So pretty! The fence is the perfect solution and a good looking one too! Ann

June said...

It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
much love from here...

Jill said...

Great solution with the fence. All looking so nice!

Blondie's Journal said...

The fence should be pulled out every year! :)

XO,
Jane

the old white house said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the fence, it's perfect. I think we are going to have to put our tree on top of a table this year because Captain will most likely want to play with it. ...go fetch, anyone? Have a fabulous weekend! t.xoxo

Debbie said...

The trees in the door knobs is pure genius!!! I LOVE it over here!!!
xo

Kathy said...

You are such a good pup-Mamma and your solution would be pretty even if it didn't have a purpose!

Boxwood Cottage said...

Love the fence and the tree in general!!!

Unknown said...

I just wanted you to know that you always inspire me! I appreciate your talents. Ronda