Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Getting Mojo Back

 For so many years I spent days, weeks, even months

at a time in my studio   

 sewing, creating, preparing for classes, 

painting furniture, making purses,

 bags, dolls and ornaments. 

There was always something new I wanted to learn, 

or attempt, or teach to others.


Life intervened and I'm pretty sure my mojo

took a walkabout.

Oh, it returned in spurts,

but I never could just lock it down for good.

I don't know how long this will last

but for now I am free wheeling ideas in

all directions.





Taking the fodder classes has been the jumping off point,
but I've climbed the high dive myself.

This moon piece is now nearly complete;
it took some time to cover the entire canvas in moons.
I'm a cancer sign and have always had an affinity 
for the moon. Since I was little, 
when I saw the moon I would whisper, "sister moon". 

This was the test run for another I have planned.
I'll be making some fabric sunflowers later in the week,
as well as finishing the fodder challenge.

Too dang hot to be anywhere but in the studio anyway.
My fab four will be coming in for my b-day soon.
I'll have to stop playing and clean house.

Z




2 comments:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

My mojo has taken a walk too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I would say you climbed to the high dive yourself. Wonderful burst of creativity and passion - I do hope the mojo has returned for good since you make such good use of it. I love your foliage pieces...but, of course, the moon has my soul. I can't tell you how many injuries I have incurred in pursuit of her. ~Robin~ (How does mid-50's sound to you temp wise? 😳)