Thursday, July 27, 2023

70

 

The birthday plans changed as I drove to LA so that
 I could attend bonus son Ivan's competition.
First night there Hannah and Nick went to a
 friends B-day party Barbie themed.
They went as Barbie and Oppenheimer



First two nights at Ben and Helene's 

Ben grilled a lovely meal and I was eaten alive (over 40 bites)
by these nasty mosquitoes that invaded CA-aedes - I'll spare you the photos.
In fact I had an allergic reaction called Skeeter syndrome.
It'll be awhile for swelling and infected areas to go away.

Bright and early Saturday after Ben prepared a lovely light breakfast
 we drove to Anneheim for Ivan's event.  
Ivan did great ( second from left),
but was disappointed at second place 


After event lunch at this smorgasbord place.
Many restaurants for takeout and then we reconvened to eat.
I love this photo of Ben and Ivan.
Best buds since jr high. 



That evening a takeout Chinese feast 


Are you grasping the gastronomy path 
we take when together?

 Then kids treated me
 to luxury suite at Mr C's Beverly Hills.

Comped Peach Bellinis to start
Walter and Hannah on one of two balconies.





In the room my favorite pizza caceo pepe, 
and mushroom, both wood fired.



Next day lunch with all-
Here Hannah, Ivan, and Ben


Ben,  Helene and Kevin, Ivan's boyfriend



Walter did great with his new just for the trip, pup cart. He loved it!!
It will totally change how we get out and about.
I highly recommend.
He felt safe and so no barking at strangers or dogs.
 Walter made best friends with security guard Julian. 




We also crammed in a little traditional Target run, 
a visit to Culver's terrific farmers market Saturday morning.
I am so envious of their farmers markets.
Hannah gave me a Taro reading that was freakishly spot on.


Breakfast at the coffee shop where
 Nick and Hannah had first date.


Then salt water pool date at Mr C's with her two besties
Heidi and Jenny.
These thirty somethings even played Marco Polo.
Hilarious!
These three started a very cool writer's group
and all are doing great things, well, WILL
continue as soon as strike is over.



Walter enjoying our last morning.
Oh and yes this is dog friendly hotel.
A doggie area right near the front so we went up 
and out easily as needed.

Gorgeous landmark hotel and it turns out I stayed 
there the last day it was Mr C's. 
It was sold Monday to a large corp.
I sure hope they keep all the staff.
They were exceptional.


So this is 70


A wonderful visit with the most important people in my life.
I hate sharing any photos of me, as those of you who have been here
 since 2008 can attest. However it seemed to be a requirement for this post,
even with my swollen, red, arms and hands from those horrible bites. 
 It's an important milestone and although
I felt guilty for all the kids did for me, it was such a blessing this gift
of time we all shared. 
I gifted them each part one of my Story Worth. 
You saw the wrapped versions in a previous post. 
 I'm thinking that this next year I will 
search thru the years of blogs for some writings 
I am pleased with and add a few more gems
 to who Suzan Rennie was.

This was the bookmark I added to their books
One of my favorite photos of me at 24,
before I was no longer just Suzan Rennie.
oh so very long ago.


Z



 


















1 comment:

TheCrankyCrow said...

This is such a beautiful capture of your memories of what sounds like an amazing celebration of you. I know the celebration plans were a bit "up in the air" for a while, but it seems the kids gifted you t he very best thing they could - themselves and their time. You raised some wonderful people there. (How cool that there was a luxury hotel that was pet-friendly!) And, oh...that food!!! I think have have been out to eat a total of 2 times in the past twelve months so you have me properly green and drooling. Happy, Happy, 70th! ~Robin~ (Fingers crossed this goes through as it is the second time I've tried to comment.....another wicked storm here messed with the first one.)