Thursday, June 22, 2017

Crotch Dew


So my pal Ronda sent me 
this and thought I should add it to 
my latest post.

Good idea as I was going to revisit
the topic being remiss in 
not mentioning 
Crotch Dew
in the earlier post.

Yeah, yeah,
we all go through it
and a lot of us feel we're the only
ones aging out faster than
blue cheese.

I love my age, I do.
The only reason I would wish to be young again
is to have more flexible joints. 
I'd like not to make noise when I sit down
or stand up, no pops, or grinds or groans.

My poor mom used 
to make "other" noises as she sat and arose
 and especially when she climbed stairs.
Thomas the Tank Engine was not a thing yet
or I'm sure the nickname "toot" would have happened.

Anyway crotch dew is just 
as unpleasant as boob sweat,
or swoob as I saw in an article yesterday.
I have switched to gowns to sleep in, 
spend the day in,
garden in,
Ok drive thru Wendy's last night in.
(I throw a shirt over top and it's a block away)

Crotch Dew is averted with  
soft sleeveless cotton gowns.
I got 4 this summer at Kohls.
50% off with addtl 30%

AHHHHHHH 

There is a reason that the ads for 
Poise and Always and such
are so much more prolific than before.
Baby Boomers are united in many, many ways.
Leaking, sweating and dewiness are just a few.

Laugh about it, talk about it.
We're all blue cheese.

Z





7 comments:

donna baker said...

Now wear pads full time. If the youngsters knew what they had in store, well, I don't know what they'd do.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Laughing but really aging is not for sissies!

joanne said...

never heard my mom or mom inlaw complain about leakage but honestly after three ten pound babies I can barely breathe without needing a pad assist! Yep, this age is great.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well... I'm happy to report I do not have either of those issues, but perhaps that's because I'm 52... or that I had smallish babies.. and maybe I should just shut up and not jinx it. *sigh.

marie said...

Oh, my, I can certainly relate to both. Growing older isn't for the faint at heart. Your comments started my day with a good laugh, thanks!

NMK said...

This was too funny .....sadly too true ,us Baby Boomers were never told about these wonderful symptoms

Kit said...

Hello Sweaty! I was doing my share today. And it was only 84! Thank heavens for not working in the summer, 100% cotton clothing and privacy....LOL Hang in there! Kit