Thursday, August 22, 2013

TOOT TOOT

I don't own a horn so 
I'm not very good at tooting my own.
My pal Sonja yelled at me 
(she did too - ALL CAPS! hehe)
in Tuesday's post comments for not promoting
my August Guest appearance on her blog.
Sonja was kind enough to ask me,
I just fretted over my words.

see my post HERE



She was right,
but not about me,
I should have linked over to her  
post weeks ago, not for me
 but to introduce more of you 
to Sonja of Hickety Pickety.

Sonja has hundreds, yes, hundreds
of patterns floating out there in the world and she
has recently converted many to E-patterns and is now
designing new patterns.


I have known about Sonja for many, many 
years and joyfully made many of her patterns.


This mini quilt was a huge hit.
I think a pal of mine still has it.

In March of this year I received an email from
Sonja who had just stumbled into Oldgreymare
for the first time and she introduced herself like this.

W O W!!!

I just spent the past hour reading some of your blog....Holy Moly, it's like I found my new best friend!!!

Honestly, you my Dear are a kindred spirit...a friend I knew was out there, but just hadn't found yet....I LOVE you!!!!

Ok, don't get scared, I'm not gonna stalk ya or anything too weird....just had to take a minute to let ya know...your home is such an inspiration, your written word makes me actually smile, caught myself laughing a bit even!!!


A week later a great friendship was born.
We now email, phone chat and
the friendship grows.
Another blessing from blogging is noted.

Her patterns were always HUGE sellers
in the shows my pals and I did,
and Sonja only asks that you
 credit Hickety Pickety when you 
do make them to sell.


I'm guessing many of you will
 instantly recognize her style,
say yeah, I remember these
and wonder, where did she go?
Sonja did take a long break 
but she's BACK
with even more great ideas.
You should get to know this talented,
funny, wacky lady
I now call my friend.

You too can easily purchase 
her patterns and completed goods
 from her Etsy shop...right...


If you visit my guest post please leave a comment
for Sonja so I can get out of hot water.


OK Sonja I did it,
now undo the Caps Lock
love ya girl




7 comments:

Linda said...

What a great post about a friendship growing! I'm going right on over to meet Sonia! Thanks for sharing!!

Gayle said...

Great to learn more about you Suzan!

Kathy said...

I totally relate. Tooting my horn and accepting compliments are so hard. It's that imposter complex, I am just so sure it isn't true! Heading over to read your guest post now.

Carol said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love Hickety Pockety. I had no idea she was back open. Years ago there was an article in one of the Country Magazines about Sonya and her home. I sent her a letter (no Internet back then) asking about some green elf dishes I saw in one of the photos. She sent me a lovely letter back. I still have that letter some where. That started a collection of Jack and Beanstalk dishes for me. And I already loved her patterns. Thanks for sharing today.

Smiles,

Carol

Sonja of Hickety Pickety said...

Ya silly old grey mare!!!

Ya couldn't just put the link to your Q & A like I HAD TO FINALLY CALL YA ON THE PHONE AND BEG YA TO DO...Hell No!!

Ya had to spin the post back onto me and take away from yourself.....

You're too modest for your own good...so afraid that it would look self~promoting...YOU SHOULD BE LETTIN' THE WORLD KNOW ABOUT YOUR TALENTS!!!! Hell, I would be goin'... LOOK AT ME..LOOK AT ME...LOOK AT ME....HEY OVER HERE...LOOKY!!
(ok, so I already pretty much do that!)

You're a damn great artist..your home is fabulous, your garden is an envy to many and you're a sweet, giving and caring friend and loving mother!!

I'm just damn lucky I came across ya...thanks for pluggin' my stuff...I appreciate it...and if that's the only way I could get ya to send 'em over to read the
Q & A..then fine I guess.

Don't ever stop blogging...remember that's why I started stalkin' ya....

Thanks for lettin' me be your friend!!!!!!

In Friendship, Sonja

Romeo said...

Seriously?!?! No way that you struggled with what to say. No. Way. You always have such a talent with the written word. I could listen to you for days! And I'm really glad that Sonja asked you to do a guest post because I learned a few things AND thoroughly enjoyed reading your view point of the world around us.

Romeo sends purrs and I send you hugs for sharing a bit of yourself. Even if Sonja did have to jab you with a pointy stick ;)

"her"

Cindy said...

I read your interview..You should need to add writer to your resume.
It was perfect..
Hope you are not melting in the heat as we are here!
xo Cindy