Saturday, August 31, 2013

Simple Saturday Chores


fresh from the dryer
warm 
smelling sweet


folded 
stacked
it pleases me



uh oh another storm coming
better be alert


I love this shot
Howie's tail is too long for him to sit properly
so he has to sit "side saddle" if you will
and to keep from toppling
he sticks out a leg
making him a tripod
Justice is in front in her "spot"


High Noon
stand off



but I HAD to dig at the rug!
didn't you hear the thunder?
another tripod shot

I've gone to the dogs lately
spending days, 
weeks,
the summer?
 cocooned in my home

puttering, performing simple chores
reading, sewing, painting,
always purging of course
love it - all of it
love the company I keep
unconditional love
(with a bit of neurosis thrown in)

read until 5 am this morning
watched the sunrise peek through 
as I drifted off to sleep
back up at 10 am
as Justice hollered at the base of the stairs
demanding attention

steaming cups of coffee,
warm homemade muffin,
crisp pink lady apple

sliced egg sandwich
using grandma's vintage slicer
a little butter - even less mayo
pepper, a whisper of salt
on potato bread 

a nap is necessary
on the couch
with both my pals 
fighting for position
Howie always wins

simple
soulful
pleasures

saturday






14 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love this kind of slow and easy day. I've had many this summer myself!

Jillayne said...

They are the best kind of days, simple things that make you happy.
How Howie sits is awesome - what characters they are. No wonder you want naps...

erin's art and gardens said...

you sound content...me too...isn't life grand?
"tripod" is hilarious!
happy weekend to you,
erin
xxoo

afistfullofweeds* said...

That is sooo, ME!:)

Tracey Broome said...

Ahhhhh...... Life is good isn't it?!
Us moms have earned these slow days with naps and simple pleasures, balances out all that running around we did with small children. I always tell young moms I meet that one day they will be able to sit in a chair and stare at a wall if they want to, they don't believe me :-)

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Sometimes it's the simplest things in life that make us happy! Happy Sunday...

Lana said...

Beautiful writing. Sweet photo shots. Please continue.

joanne said...

sounds lovely, my kind of day. Content and serene with a little laundry thrown in. I love doing laundry..I know, crazy.

Kathy said...

What a lovely way to spend the last "dog day" of summer!

Sonja of Hickety Pickety said...

You can even make a stack of folded laundry look good!!!

Jill said...

Perfectly Poetic.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

lovely, all of it. What breed is howie? He looks alot like my frasier.. a cocker poodle mix with a long tail.

Cindy said...

What you just described is exactly what I want! Thunderstorms, quiet nights to read, cozy, warm, puttering around...sounds like heaven to me!
xo

Kit said...

Now this is my kind of day! :) Kit