Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Happy Challenge



"But before that I have to tag five other bloggers to go forth and produce their 10th photo post!! So if they'd like to participate, the goal is to find your 10th photo in your 1st photo folder and discuss what you were thinking when the photo was taken. I'm passing this tag onto ;
Suzan at Old Grey Mare
"

I have mentioned my friend Julie before. Besides being just plain wonderful this gal's talents blow me away! Saturday I see she has a new post, and I scroll down through each photo as always, devouring every one and what's this?
I've been tagged.

My first reaction was panic, because after I peeked at the other gals she tagged, I felt my photographic abilities paled in comparison. But fully engaged in the spirit,
I went to my archives and with much trepidation looked to see what my 10th photo in my first folder was. That's the deal, you have to take your 10th photo and talk about it.
I thought with my luck it would be another of my "before" client pictures and I'm sure they would not be happy for me to post any of those. For those of you who do not know this about me, I organize for people and if they've hired me it is to help with a shall we say "mess?"

Bless darling daughter! The 10th down in 2008 was one of hers, (and mine).
My very first assignment for the local magazine "polished" was being discussed and I needed to send over some ideas and photo suggestions. I asked darling daughter to take some quick shots of some of my memory bowls.

I had never used iPhoto before and after several hours of
playing around with effects and adjustments this is what I ended up with. Not only did I get the job, they used our photos and Hannah was given her first photo credit!



I was lucky enough to contribute to six more issues
before the magazine fell to poor economic times.


I still make these memory collections for clients.
They're always very personal and always a big hit!





Thank you Julie - you're the best

Please visit Dash, Jeanne, Cecellia, and Sharon

to see what they found for their 10th post, and meet some new friends.

Please visit all the other WW hosted by Kathleen @ Faded Charm
link over there to your right----------->

If they wish to participate and if they have time;
for these are very busy women
I wish to tag:

Erin at Erin's Art and Gardens
Carola at Boxwood Cottage
Kathleen at Faded Charm


Suzan

11 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Suzan
My goodness.. these photos are just wonderful.. what a cleverly creative person you are... I'm not surprised you were featured in a magazine.... each and everyone of these is delightful and I think we'll will all be wanting our own memory bowls.. I have some of those spotted shells.. does that count? haha... Too bad we are so far from each other.. I'd be getting you over to organize and beautify my surroundings....

Thanks for playing along... you did such a great job with these photos.. and now I have PS I know how limiting iphoto can be.... Hope your day is magnificent!!! xxx Julie

June said...

Suzan I am so proud of Hannah. This photo is amazing! They all are.
What awesome creations these memory bowls are. I am thinking that you need to guide me in making one of my own someday. I sure wished that I could have seen these magazine features of your beautiful work. I just keep learning more and more of the Suzan I adore.
hugs

Carole said...

Hey Suzan,
I'm clocking that pin cushion with the buttons. Too cute.
You are too modest..your photos are wonderful. Much more interesting and REAL. Most out there just take things off the internet. Opps my bad?
I'd never heard it called a memory bowl. LOve the idea. You need to show these to Somerset sweety.
Your too talented for just blogland.
xxx
Carole

clustres said...

I do love these photos and memory bowls...what a great idea!

Alaina said...

I love the idea of the memory bowls, that way you can just pick up and move to new location. I would love to pick through that memory bowl, it looks like it has a lot of neat stuff in it. Happy White Wednesday.

Faded Charm said...

What a beautiful vignette, as always. Thanks so much for the tag. I'll have to check my archives and see what I have to work with before I commit.

Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

Take care,

Kathleen

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your pictures turned out teriffic! Well worth the effort! Beautiful displays!

Happy White Wednesday!

Warmly,
Lori

Atticmag said...

I like the sepia effects of your photos -- very artsy. -- Jane F.

Anonymous said...

How do you do Suzan! Glad to meet you and thanks for taking the time to comment. Love what I see. Jacqueline

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

What delicious photos! yum.yum.yummy!

Ella said...

So magical and wonderful! What a treasured gift~ So glad you shared!
xXx