Sunday, April 11, 2010

Garden Visitors


My garden is showing off. All the blooms bursting open,


teasing with color mixes never before seen around these parts.


Roses boasting with size and abundance.


This morning's sunlight spotlighted a garden visitor.


Tucked tightly into the bottle brush blooms, a home


of twigs and strings and paper. Last year this was the nesting spot of
a mockingbird family. Not yet sure whose home it is this year. This is a
brand new nest of different shape and size, and obviously,
like all good real estate it has
location, location, location.


This visitor showed no fear of me, intent on a cool sip of water.

Going way down for the slurp

Begin the head tilt

Bring it way up, so it trickles back and down
Open for the big swallow
...


HEY! Are you looking at me?

4 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hi Suzan, it's Monday morning here and I just catched up with your beautiful garden posts and I fell in love with your garden. So many roses blooming in April wow! And isn't it wonderful to have birds nesting? Is ist a blackbird?
Anyway I'll have to leave you, going to work now, wishing you a happy day in your garden!
xox~ Carola

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Suzan!!
Your garden is looking wonderful!! and your photos just get better and better!! Boy I will be enjoying this when winter sets in here..... Had to laugh at the birdie staring you down... haha.. I have a whole bunch of photos ranging from magpies to cockatoos where unbeknownst to me at the time.. I was 'getting the look'.... have a fabulous day my friend and thanks for the lovely walk through your garden.. xxx Julie

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

OH WOW! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN IN THE MIDWEST! SOON,IT WILL.

June said...

Suzan I am lovin' all these garden shots and the shots of your visitors to it. Your roses are beautiful!
I LOVED the post about the portrait that your daughter is painting of you. Such a beautifully written post!
Miss you.
hugs