Thursday, December 8, 2022

December 8

#8

Paper

A love affair that began when my dad used to bring home
 paper samples from the ad agency. I would create with one set 
until the next set arrived home. 

I'm still in love and still playing - especially
 through my on line lessons.

I've taught so many classes with paper over the years.
One class had 20 students with 17 different stations set up all over my house
and out into the yard. Each station was a technique to learn
from burnt brown bag ornaments to scherenschnitte. That was a terrific day.







Z



 

3 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The cones are a favorite.
Sorry if duplicate. I scrolled up, and my comment disapprared.

susan hemann said...

Such lovely paper decorations! I too am a lover of paper. My grandfather owned a car dealership and I used to get papers they were no longer using from him. I started collecting beautiful paper when I was in high school. Such fond memories. Thank you for reminding me. Oh, I used to make paper hats for my dolls, my grandmother taught me. Her mother was a milliner in Canada

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hey you... Here I am. Just jumping in as I really don't know where or how to begin. I scrolled down through your past posts, though....and got lost in your post of your holiday home. So incredibly beautiful. I am sure I will be back to revisit several more times when I need a little Christmas. And you know I love your paper creations. Funny, but there are times when I just have an overwhelming need to play with paper too. Many, many, years ago I did scherenschnitte...but I eventually drifted away from it...like many of my interests and past hobbies. When I play in paper these days, it is more for a quick "fix"...and just something simple. VERY simple. ~A Faraway Friend~