Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December 13 and 14

 Obviously I have fallen behind

Will I make it to the end even?

I just spent the last hour trying to get my food processor

to work. I haven't used since last year, and it was

 never used much to begin with.

I took apart and put together a dozen times. 

Dug out the manual- Yes, I have every manual,

remember who you're dealing with ..ahem  


I decided that my ninja chopper would have to do 

in a pinch and so I pulsed and added butter and water

in two stages to make the dough for the tomato tart that

I have been craving for several days.

It worked just fine.

Hopefully my fix it wizard Ben, can figure it out when he comes

home. Poor guy already has two other "to do" chores on list.

No great loss if he can't. I doubt I would miss it very often.

I'm just now beginning to feel the Stress Molecules stirring.

All the stress is self made. The kids don't give a hoot. I have already 

cut in half the treat and food list, it's mostly the "clean it" list, 

that's getting to me.

Long overdue in spots- so it's a good thing.


I remind myself how lucky I am to be able to see them at all,

and fortunate to be able to bake and feed them, while

so many folks out there are struggling just to survive.

In December I try to double my monthly automatic contributions.

Please be as generous as you are able. My income is extremely low,

believe me it's no BS.

None of my monthlies are over 10.00,

many are just 5.00. I know by combining mine with others we are helping. 

These groups also can count on a monthly influx instead of just hoping. 

I donate to six groups each year, as I could never choose just one cause

Environmental Group

Children's Medical

Local PBS station

International Relief

Animal Rescue/issues

Women's rights/ issues


Ok so a photo of tart coming, may have to check back tomorrow.

Maybe even the recipe. 

and a reminder of the season of giving.

Phew! why did I start this? hehe

I'm going to cheat and call it two. 





3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I won't tell if you won't...the last several days blurred together anyway - at least for me. I've only ever had a mini food processor...good for? I'm not sure....pulsing nuts to smithereens maybe but not worth digging it out for that. So, I've used it only a handful of times and avoid recipes telling me to use my food processor. And I will see your manuals and raise you a dozen more. Seriously. ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

You are a good person, and baker.
Tomorrow is a baking day for me.

susan hemann said...

love this post1 my kids don't care either, it is what it is
also, I too save every manual lol recently I was going through them and realized I have manuals for things I haven't had for years- on the list for January