Sunday, July 31, 2022

Bedroom Refresh


        


I don't know about you, but I think 100 degree temp with 40%

humidity is the perfect time to deep clean and refresh your bedroom

even if it is the hottest room in the house.


So that's what I did yesterday.

The rug is new. I'm hoping that soon it will be over 

hardwood floors but until then it hides a multitude of sins.

I need some carpet tape to help ease out the roll marks.

Saving that for the cooler evening. I'm still getting over

carrying the 50lb carpet up the stairs,

 and hauling the mattress and box spring

 out into the hall out of the way, and then 

back in again. 

I had visions of being found days later

under the impossible floppy, incredibly heavy mattress.

If you are new here, Yep, that's a very blue 1 3/4 vaulted ceiling.

Still blue 26 years later. Painted my third year here.







It's an odd conglomerate of color and style 

for many folks I suppose,

but it is my taste, and so many things are special 

to me from grandmothers, kids, and parents.

If it's repeating something already in the room,

be it color or pattern ( as in the checks) it works for me. 

Z





 

5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...you're on O2 and you carried a 50# carpet up stairs and moved a mattress and spring twice??? Heck...I have issues carrying cat litter and bags of dog food in the house and I don't use oxygen. The room is beautiful. I love its quirkiness. Is that a textile on the wall above your dressing table? I love it. ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice, soothing neutrals. Blue ceiling looks good as well.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

everything you put together is lovely!....

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I still love that style Z and, I don't think it dates. If we stick to traditional, I don't think it dates. Things that are the height of fashion date very quickly. It looks beautiful. XXXX

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog