Saturday, January 8, 2022

Cozier

I have had sheers in front of the bedroom windows 

for over a decade and as I've embraced more color 

back into my world, I decided to mix my blues 

with a sienna color already in a chair in stools .


It took forever for the curtains to arrive ( after getting lost twice) 

 but I'm glad I persevered.

The lighting in the room in early evening

and this morning was wonderful.


Yep, I always mix pattern willy nilly 

when I use color, and my beds are always layers 

upon layers of different top weights and pillows

of all depths to please a mood. 


On the bed are a linen sheet set, then sienna woven blanket,
then a blue floral duvet, then a blue velvet quilt, topped with vintage quilt
and a new throw for naps. Two different patterned sham pairs and 
Walter's throw pillows finish it off. 


Lexington bedroom pieces I've had forever it seems. 
Checked stools found at thrift shop 20 years ago?


Favorite vintage quilt, in pristine condition.
Artwork is mine from years ago.
Vintage framed purses were my Grandmother's. 


The curtains into adjoining bath are burlap with a fringe bottom
I have also had for decades.


Still working on gallery wall on this side of room.


BTW the vaulted ceiling in here and adjoining bath is blue.

I have huge canopy thing I used to hang over the bed 
which may or may not return and the green wreath above
bed will be changed out soon to a simple willow, or maybe not?

The canopy was a pain to clean but looked 
romantic and fun...

Onto the next project

Z

 

7 comments:

Kit said...

I love everything about this room! Your bed is so pretty. I love lots of patterns too. And you know me, I love color! 😊 Kit

Prims By The Water said...

Well I love browns and blue so your room is very cozy to me. How nice to have some mementos from your grandmother! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...not sure what I squealed loudest over.... So much awesome going on here. You already know I love the blues and browns...and especially that wonderfully rich Sienna. And that quilt is absolutely amazing! Those beautiful purses of your grandmothers are probably the most incredible touch of all. I am sure neither of my grandmothers ever possessed anything so fine - and even if they did, would have no place to go where they would be appropriate attire - but I have always loved beaded purses for some reason. And, yes...those curtains were absolutely worth the wait. Love!! But...now...show us that dang vaulted ceiling!! Seriously???!!! ~Robin~

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I love colour and I love yours! So cozy Z! And so many pillows for Walter <3

Sherri said...

What a beautiful room! Just looks so inviting!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely room
The check curtains I had few years ago. The blue and white fabric. I have remnants from covering a chair.

Jillayne said...

Wow! I love your room and the persevering sure paid off. It's beautiful, especially the layering of pattern and colour on the bed. You have a beautiful style and a knack for all the elements together, tossing in the odd unexpected thing like a burlap curtain. I absolutely love what you've done!