Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Shake It Up


THIS


USED TO BE 
THIS




Now before you think she's crazy, why 
would she do this?
 I'll tell you.

Because it is all too much:
too much to care for
too much for a house showing
too much for down sizing
too much for me to leave behind
for kids to deal with.

Those of you who have followed along
know the process has been ongoing.
Well, now we are in the final stretch.

See where those ( now clean) baskets were on top?
Constantly dusty, and the dishes
in the hutch with glass shelves?
A constant annoying issue.
A bonus:
When entertaining I now have a serving board.

More importantly for me
I now have a place of honor 
for my beloved painting by Nat Fast.
I loved him and miss him.

Nathaniel painted many subjects
but my favorites were always the pickers in the 
near by Santa Maria fields where he lived.
I requested one and he did this for me.


 I have kept it upstairs all these years
where most folks never saw it.
Now they can enjoy it as much as I love it.

Stay Tuned 
There is more

Z






4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

My first thought was the space no longer had your personality...I'm sorry if that sounds really harsh and I do know how sellers need to de-personalize their homes for mass appeal. But when you shared the story behind your painting, my heart sighed. That's a genuine part of your history and heart. Bravo! And thanks for all the advice on the baskets. I see yours and they are so purdy!

Jane❤️

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love this simplification! I think you'll feel refreshed, truly. I've done some of that here at This Old House myself. Love the painting! Great idea to place it where you can admire it often, as well as guests.

Kit said...

I like it! And most importantly, if it works for you, that is all that matters. I have been going thru my stuff and only keeping what I love. The rest, off to Goodwill. Enjoy your "new" place! Kit

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

Wow! So fresh and airy, I love the painting, wonderful to have it in a space to enjoy all the time. The baskets look great...you're so very talented. You must feel light and refreshed, so beautiful and edited! Enjoy and love your new space.