Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I've Got Your Back Mom



I was purging the hall closet last night
where there is a mirror on the inside of the door.

I glanced in it and caught
my Howie lying behind me in the doorway
 of the guest room.

This Love is never more than 6 feet away from me.
He steps over my O/2 tubing as you can see and will 
trudge up and down the stairs as many times as I do.
He has bad knees, limited hearing
and failing eyesight now.

But he loves me, is devoted to me
and I am so blessed.

When I fall sleep and begin to have 
breathing issues he now nudges me
awake and stares at me until I say 
"It's Ok Howie go to bed."

If I ever need reminding that all my troubles
mean nothing in the big scheme of life,
this pic says it all.

I've got your back Mom



5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love this. We are blessed with our fur babies.

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

I better get a dog. xo

Blondie's Journal said...

The way he nudges you when you have breathing difficulties is very much like a support dog. Hey Howie...you are a gem! I'm wondering how old he is. I remember him from waaaaay back when I first started following you.

Jane

Kit said...

Awwwww, he's a good one. I swear my late cat Sam knew when I was not feeling well. Even though he was not a lap cat, he would climb on up and let me pet him. :) Kit

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thinking about you with prayers and good vibes