Thursday, April 18, 2019

How Does My Garden Grow

My neighbors vine is crawling over the wall
to join my garden. All visitors welcome.


I'm not going to have flowers
 all over the garden this year.
I'm trying to reduce the work load and stress.

I planted herbs that I use frequently
Italian parsley, cilantro, basil, and thyme
on the small covered patio just 
outside the kitchen window.
I can keep an eye on them this way,
and I finally picked up a moisture meter, so 
hopefully less plant demise this year. duh
Why did I wait so long?


I am up and about though still tethered to O2
I do everything at half my usual speed, make
that 25% of my normal speed. 

It is beautiful weather and I'm 
better than I was two months ago so 
yippee skippee


Gardens are healing places.
I am thankful for every day.

Happy Easter to you all.


Z



5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your garden is so pretty. We have some herbs growing and its so nice to have the fresh for cooking. I'm heading to the Dr again, this cold has lingered on for 4 weeks and now my chest is hurting so I want her to make sure it's not serious. I'm so ready to feel better. Hugs to you my dear friend.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Easter Dear Z..... So very glad to hear you are feeling better.... Nice weather...and gardens....do, indeed, have a wonderful healing effect. What a beautiful sanctuary you have back there!! I would live there me thinks! I love the friendly neighbor vine peeking in at your side of the world. The great melt is finally on here in Nod, although we do have snow on the ground yet so it will be a long while before anything green makes an appearance. Right now, it’s all about sump pumps and sand bags. Hope your health continues to improve and you can be free of the tank soon..... ~Robin~

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

So nice to see your post! I have always enjoyed seeing pics of your garden. Enjoy the good weather and get well my friend. Have a lovely Easter!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


They truly are - and yours is lovely. Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend.

Kit said...

So pretty! I love your style and persistence. 😊 I too, have to garden at a slower rate...lol This old back just needs lots of coffee breaks. Take care my friend. Love, Kit