Thursday, October 16, 2014

FCVC

fever, chills, vertigo and coughing
a plague of sorts
I sleep as if I will never wake, and rarely do....
phone messages heard faintly through a fog
a trash can piled with tissues

dragging myself to shower later...the dogs smell fresher than me,
and they are 2 months overdue for grooming.
the illness ooozes through one's pores

I was bragging last week that my annual winter crud
was tardy in arriving...
serves me right 

you do not poke the bear of fate
unless you are prepared to pay the price.
the price is 

F ever
C hills
  V ertigo
      C oughing

and just when beautiful fall arrived.....

Z


12 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...

Darn girl

Tanya said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - you seemed so healthy last weekend!!!!! Get some rest girl - if you need ANYTHING, CALL!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh Z …. poor you. Stay in bed, drink lots and get well soon. Lots of love. XXXX

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Z I hope you feel better soon. There is some awful crud going around and I fear it found you!
hugs,
Linda

Tracey Broome said...

Beautiful fall brings this to my husband also, he is in bed now with it. I think he has a leaf dust allergy. He rakes the first leaves of fall then spends a week with the crud.
Feel better, poor girl:(

beth said...

you poor thing….i hope you're feeling a bit better today???

hugs!!!

Kathy said...

Drat!!! Take good care and hope you are feeling better soon!

Jill said...

Sending you a virtual bowl of chicken soup! Get well soon!!

The Boston Lady said...

Get better or you will be on the news! Ann

Tina said...

Sending 'get well' wishes and hope you feel better soon Z. Been down with a cold for over a week - finally feeling a bit better.

Kit said...

You hang in there! Are you all better yet? Sending virtual chicken soup. Kit

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers you feel better soon and have a cold free winter