Sunday, October 28, 2012

OH, and Z's and 2 and 3


Oh
 How I love numbers and letters.
I collected type for many years
filling up two cases before I stopped.







I don't know why numbers and letters 
make me so happy
but they do.
I may have inherited this quirk
from dear dad.
I think I'll make a tree this year
with nothing but numbers and letters
in my favorite shades.
Grey, brown and cream.
Lots of paper around this holiday.


Think I'll do that this week.
First I have to finish a weird chandelier
I painted yesterday and finish up 
some samples for a class, ( show you soon)
and Oh, there's the yard work to complete 
and the new burlap ottoman cover,
and the pillows, the stockings,
and of course the worry over Sandy...
Stay safe my dear friends,
my darling daughter.


******

Miss Justice is a wee bit better
and darling daughter has passed 
the half way mark, every $5 and $7
inching her closer.

I made a quick trip to UT with
my pal Sue and slept 11 hours straight Friday
finally catching up on sleep.

All is well.

Z


13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You have so much on your plate, Z, but you manage to take it all in stride. I can see that you love numbers and making a number tree sounds like an excellent idea! As always, I love your creativity!

XO,
Jane

Tanya said...

Hope Hannah stays safe and warm...glad your trip was sleep inducing! Happy Sunday - XOXO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I hope all on the east coast are safe with this crazy storm coming. I love all your 'type' and think a tree with it and in those colors is fantastic. Can't wait to see your work again!
Hugs, Linda

Susy said...

Im looking forward to seeing the alpha-numeric tree (: Once upon a time I had a large gift store, and we had so much fun creatiing themed trees. Let the fun begin!

rebecca said...

I can't wait to see that tree! What a great idea. Sounds like you really NEEDED that sleep. Glad you were able to get caught up...

Tina said...

Sounds like an awesome idea with the tree Z. I´m sure it´ll be wonderful.
We´re following the storm in the news over here. Hope everyone will stay safe.
xx

Kit said...

Cool letters. I can see why you love them so. I found 2 letters in my daughter's initials and gave them to her for last Christmas. She loved them. Kit

Faded Charm said...

When you figure out why you are so drawn to numbers and letter, let me know cause I wonder about myself as well. Great collection and can't wait t osee your tree.

Sending many prayers for your daughter and all who are dealing with the storm. We've been experiencing our own blustery weather here this weekend with lots and lots of rain, but nothing compared to the East Coast right now.

Take care my friend,
Kathleen

Kathy said...

You are SO in your time of year and I love hearing about your overflowing plans!

the old white house said...

just one more project... you sound like me! I think that tree sounds over the top amazing, I can't wait to see it. You will have everyone and their mammas looking for type! John is hunkered down at the hotel, they are putting the employees up, most likely to keep the place running and everyone makes their shifts! Makes me feel good though, although he says his place is more inland. Danielle moved to Charleston just in time for her first storm. :( She went out her first day and bought emergency supplies after much coaxing from the parents. geesh. her roommate told her not to worry, they would be fine. maybe, but what's the harm in being prepared? you'd think I was a boyscout or something! prayers all around for our babes, and those in the path of Sandy.
Have a great night, glad Justice is feeling better.
love, t.xoxooxox

marcela cavaglieri said...

Anything else??? wow girl, you're busy!
I'm with you: letters and numbers make me happy too!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazzzzzing collection, Z. I like your tree idea!
Hugs,
the other Z.

Jill said...

I like your tree idea! You know I bought a bunch of type pieces to resell but haven't been heading down that path right now so I need to get them out and display them. You've got me thinking now!