Thursday, January 20, 2011

Catching Up

Still trying to catch up after the holidays.
I put my design services on sale in January, so that,  
and trying to spend time with Darling Daughter
has kept me pretty busy. 

Lunches and dinners with friends, 
finally getting all the Christmas down,
and purging some more stuff takes time doesn't it?
Now here we are almost done with the first month of 2011.
Well smack my butt, and call me Judy!

That means it is almost time for Project Genesis to return.
We're going to  try a very simple approach this time since we are all uber-busy, but maybe the simple approach will entice, or inspire others to join our ranks? <3


I am trying to be more goal focused this year 
using my "word" for 2011
BEGIN

So, with that in mind I am suggesting you 
choose one thing, just one, to commit to for 
the remainder of this year that will enrich 
your environment, and tell us your plan.
Now that allows for some grand interpretation,
so please girlfriends, surprise me with your 
wit and wisdom on February 1st.
(for new gals, linky usually goes up late the day before) 

Catching up on other matters
the lovely Sharon gave me a
Stylish Blogger award yesterday, so thank you 
girlfriend, I am so pleased.

She says I should be disciplined about this
  and I will try but you guys know 
it is not always my nature.....

So 7 things to reveal about myself
(there is no point talking about my adoration 
for family or ability to organize.. duh)

 I  love teaching someone how to do something
and then watching them take it to a whole new level.

I absolutely will not hold my tongue if 
confronted with racism or bigotry. I have 0 tolerance.

I read A LOT! At least 5 books a week, unless the kids are here.

Although I love gardening
I am not always very good at it.

I wish I were brave enough to wear my hair 
very short, so that I could cut most of it off and
 then stop dying my hair and truly be an
Old Grey Mare.

I never expected to meet such 
wonderful, amazing, generous friends here...
I was merely trying to 
successively keep a diary of sorts..
 After decades of trying and quitting journals within days,
I am in my fourth year here.

I eat Nutella straight from the jar with a spoon,
(my own secret stash, not the one others use yuck)
eat my ice cream in a glass with milk added, 
and eat candy bars chilled.... 
and need to diet obviously! 

Now 10 gals who some of you may not yet know, 
and they may or may not want to 
participate, but that's OK either way.

Tanya @ Bead and Needle  - because she "rocks" Vegas

MJ @ An American Mom in Paris - because she gives me
 "outright prolonged laughter" a thousand clowns

Evi @ Evi's Country Snippetsbecause she is a good friend to friends
 of mine and can she ever create magic with a needle! 

Marcia@ Child in Harmony - because this gal "mothers" all children in 
ways that matter.

Linda @ From Me to Thee _ primitives and more primitives oh my!

Susanne @ Zueeuz  - c'mon! Susanne with an S not a Z and Suzan with a Z not an S!
talk about kindred

Kitchu @ More Than This - because of her devotion to her family and her work
  one classy lady

Not disciplined enough I suppose, I listed 7.
(sorry Sharon)
I adore everyone on all my lists but this time I 
selected a few gals that I thought you
 just might have missed meeting
 because they are new or because they
 are a bit "quiet" here in blog land.
If you gals choose to participate,
 here are the rules as given to me:

Receive the award, say thank you, reveal 7 things about yourself, 
pass it on to 10 favourite and stylish bloggers!


17 comments:

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Well done Z, a complete batch of new names to me, so I'm off to check them out.
Your Genesis projects is a real challenge, but I guess that's what it's meant to be!
Sharon
x

Tanya said...

I AM going to accept your challenge here, but it has to be after tomorrow...going out on to rock Vegas tonight actually, and need to get jeans washed now - husband going under the knife (minor) tomorrow, but he is the absolute WORST patient, and I know I am in for it (MAJOR). I will do my list tomorrow night, while drinking, if it is ok with you! Have a GREAT evening, Z...XOXO Tanya

Robin Larkspur said...

LOL! I love that expression you used, "Smack my butt, and call me Judy" what a riot!. Cut your hair, do it! I bet you will love it! and it will grow back if you dont like it. Robin.

Jules said...

Congrats on the award and those being presented. I don't hold my tongue either and short not dyed... been doing it for years. I look like a bad mop with long hair :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Sue said...

It does seem so difficult to catch up this time of year. I think part of it is the lack of sunshine...I move much more slowly without it.

Charlene said...

OK! Let's talk about this hair thing... I had colored my hair sooooooooooooooooooo long I didn't even know what color it was. Well, after all the years of highlighting/coloring it was dry & just not pretty anymore. And the color was NEVER the same when they did it. I got sick of $80-$150 every 4 weeks & I still had roots. God was coloring faster than I could. I let it grow out & when I couldn't stand the "LINE" I went in & cut it off (I was encouraged after looking at Eillens hair- her blog is on my sidebar under Stars Fault). Hubby now LOVES my salt & pepper hair. I have many people tell me they like it better... Just sayin maybe you should "BEGIN" with new hair for 2011. HUGS!
Charlene

Carole said...

Yes I know I've been slack at getting as much done this month....holy moly it the 2oth!. But I did go to the paint store today and sent out a partial order. Now only 35 more things left on the list...lol

xxx
Carole
ps...enjoy as much time with Hannah that's most important.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Suzan
Congrats on your blogger award... well done...

I'm totally out of sync with life and really need to get focussed...Feb will be here in a blink of the eye...

Have a lovely weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

Ps.. just catching up with emails also..

Char said...

it's always wonderful to get to know you better! :)

i read voraciously too

Anonymous said...

Go grey....you will feel sooooo free. It is so much softer and flattering...not to mention healthier and less expensive. I wish I'd done it sooner. Been married decades to a younger guy and he thinks I look great.

June said...

I love learning more about my friend Suzan! 5 books a week! That is amazing! I love to read, and when I do I tend to get nothing else done. Unless it's a self-help type book. I get very bored trying to do anything to improve myself.LOL!

I missed your WW post. I love all the whites and varying shades of white that you choose to live with.
Your necklaces are all so cool. Just beautiful. I especially love mine!!!!!

sending hugs

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Nutella gets me every time!!!!! Fun to know more things about you! I'll join the Project when I come back in 3 weeks, for now I'm trying to get rid of a nasty cold before Sunday's flight!

The Boston Lady said...

Two things I am pleased to know about you: 5 books a week - you are an inspiration. Second is not on your list, but on your sidebar: under your children's pictures you say "My Life's Work". It is simply beautiful and so true. Don't know you or them, but our children should be our life's work - I feel exactly the same way. My kids are my greatest accomplishment. Actually they are their own greatest accomplishments, but my husband and I gave them first roots and then wings and they did the rest. Ann

marcia said...

Suzan,
Oh I love you ...not just for giving me an award, although I appreciate it and am flattered, but because you are one cool person and I feel a connection. I love what you have to say and do , it has meaning and matters, and you touch my heart. I'm happy I have met you in blog land and perhaps our paths will cross in person someday,east coast to west coast!

happy day!

Razmataz said...

Hello my friend. I enjoyed your 7 things......icecream in a glass with milk?????

I expect you DD is getting ready to go. You have had such a nice long visit. I know how much you will miss her.

Drop me an email this weekend and let me know waht you are up to.

Beatnheart said...

Inspiring Post. Maybe the hair could go short and natural...why not??? With a really great cut you would look great.

the old white house said...

Z~ this was so fun, just learning more little tidbits about you... I put my icecream in a coffee mug, but no milk. Danielle gave me a new DO yesterday to cut some of the dry frizz off from coloring it too much. oh why do we let our locks torture us so? I have had very short hair, I can't pull if off unless I lose a whole bunch of these chubby cheeks! Danielle wears a pixi and looks so stinkin adorable, oh to be 23 and adorable ;O now I think I am officially caught up, my I did miss out this past couple of weeks! t. xoxo