Sunday, February 21, 2021

#1 In The Bag /In the Arm

On Thursday Morning, the State of NV

 announces that as of that morning

 65 and over are now eligible for vaccine! Woot!

This begins a long two long days of registering

on multiple sites to be called for appt and 

refreshing a dozen other sites all day trying to 

snag an appt. 


By Friday night my frustration level was

in full bloom and I decided to bag it in and

watch some tv.

About 10 minutes before 9pm, I suddenly thought

go to Walgreens (across the street from me).

I get these "premonition" moments a lot in my life

and I've learned to go with them.

I thought, it's 1 hour till the pharmacy closes,

maybe they have leftovers, or at least they can help me 

to stop being kicked off the sign up list.

I walked straight to the back corner,

 asked if there was a trick to the site and a gal in the back

says we have one left, you want it?

YESIREEE

By 10 I had it, and was back home.

Son and Daughter in law also got one Friday through

a test run with Govt and National Guard in CA - open to all ages.

My arm is just a tiny bit sore at the site, no other side effects, 

but the kids got bad headaches and very sore arms.

If all continues to go well, I can see my family or 1/2 of them in April.

 A tiny peek back into normalcy.


The upsetting thing was the wonderful gal who gave 

me my shot has been vaccinating at long term care facilities all week.

She said 30% of the employees were refusing the shot.

I.  DO.  NOT.  UNDERSTAND.

I read that 30% refusal, denial, is for the population in general.

Also many teachers demanding to be vaccinated,

while still many others are refusing.

All the misinformation and fear is going to drag this out

for years while the variants continue to mutate.

500,000 dead, in 1 year, in one country, 

and still some folks say it's just a bad cold.

If this disease caused oral, nasal and anal bleeding like ebola

would folks still say it's just another flu or would they be demanding

help? That number, half a million, has become so large, over so much time 

that people have become numb to it.

Not to me

I am grateful that science and medicine and Drs

are doing everything they can to save my life and

the lives of my loved ones. I pray that all people, in all countries,

are given the opportunity to continue living.


5 comments:

Constance said...

I'm very glad to hear that you received your shot. I had my first shot about two weeks ago. No side affects and very glad I was able to get it. I'm hearing the same thing about people refusing to get vaccinated and it is frightening.
I find it even more frightening to hear that some churches are advising people not to take the shot. We have been blessed to have some protection from this horrible virus and I hope everyone will understand that together we can make a life saving difference.

Take care,

acorn hollow said...

so glad you got your shot my husband and I have gotten both shots and saw our grand daughter this weekend for the first time in months. I too am very thankful for those that worked on making this shot available to us.
cathy

susan hemann said...

Still searching for an appointment

Kit said...

Yay!! Fantastic! I am so glad you got your shot. We are still in Tier 1 here in Missoula, which means I still can't get mine. But once we move out of that tier I can. At least my hubby got his. And he is the one who does our errands. Yes, I agree with you, I just do not get the crazies who resist the science and will not vaccinate. But like they say, you can't fix stupid. Take care! Kit

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, Z, I know you know we don't always have the same opinions, but I believe we do respect the other's right to their views and this happens to be one issue on which we differ. There are several reasons, I believe, why some, including me, are hesitant to get the vaccine. We are only now learning possible side effects of vaccines given many years ago...vaccines that were not developed on an abbreviated timeline as this one was either. I am gunshy of vaccines period. And this one, at least Moderna's, uses RNA... I guess like some people are adverse to eating meat products, I would rather not be injected with RNA. In addition, there seems to be debate over to the vaccine's efficacy - even the so-called experts are saying that you will still have to mask and social distance after getting the vaccine. If it works, why? If it doesn't work, why get it? And lastly, not one doctor has been able to assure me that the vaccine not contraindicated for people with autoimmune diseases like me. From my research, I understand that the vaccine sort of "jumpstarts" one's immune system. People with autoimmune diseases have overactive immune systems to begin with. I, personally, take injections which suppress my immune response. Do I really want to get a vaccine that will mess with that?? If others feel safer having had it, I say go for it....but someone else can have my dose(s). Sorry, just my opinion...but am glad that you were able to get one as I know you believe otherwise. ~Robin~