Thursday, April 2, 2020

Air So Fresh Skies So Blue




It is eerily quiet in my neighborhood.
I wanted Walter to have a different view today,
so I brought him into the den, 
and using photobooth shot this scene behind me.

I threw a towel over the chair 
as his puppy nails can quickly shred.
I was hoping he would be entertained by 
movements outside but there were none.

No people, no dog walking, no birds flying,
or planes in the sky.
nothing

A little creepy.
I have noticed for two weeks
 now the absence of birds.
Anyone else concerned about this?
Perhaps they've all gone to the strip.

He sniffs the air and whines now and then,
and then a yelp and I turn to see a man
sauntering past wearing an old straw hat.
Walter scrambles even higher.



Air so fresh * skies so blue
and finally the coo of a mourning dove.


2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like Walter is growing by leaps and bounds. I just posted that even as quiet as it usually is here, it's a "different" kind of quiet these days. We do have birds though... Robins are back, the cardinals and their wonderful song, and the soulful song of the mourning doves....Our eagles have also come back to the lake... I can only imagine how strange it must seem to live in a city or town, and have things turn so drastically quiet so suddenly...reminds me of some of those episodes of The Twilight Zone.... Take care Z....I think of you often.... ~Robin~

Kit said...

Great capture! I have lots of birds but hardly any airplanes. Snowing again today. Hubby and I did our chores and later we're putting a Lego set together. I am so glad you have your little dog with you. A good companion. Love ya, Kit